Thread: GLONASS supported on Nokia 808 PureView?

GLONASS supported on Nokia 808 PureView?

I am willing to purchase Nokia 808 PureView in coming days as I liked its features. At present I use Nokia N8 and one of the main applications that I need to use it is the GLONASS. It helps me to set my mobile in one place and let it click photos which will be sent to me on my account. So in short, I am able to use my mobile as a security camera if needed. I use it to keep a lookout on my work desk when I am out for coffee or maybe for some work. So this is why I use it daily and almost every time. Can someone tell me if it will be possible to run GLONASS in Nokia 808 PureView?

Re: GLONASS supported on Nokia 808 PureView?

At present there is no news from Nokia or the Heyyou GPS tracker website about the GLONASS support on Nokia 808 PureView. I think that since the phone is very new in market, the feature for support of GLONASS mustn’t have been developed yet. Once Nokia 808 PureView gets sold in large number, I think that the developers will release the version of GLONASS for this phone.

Since the phone is new, maybe the internal architecture must be different. So developing a version for it means involvement of more resources in form of manpower, capital and time. You can contact the developers of the GLONASS and ask if they are planning an version for Nokia 808 PureView.

The Heyyou GPS tracker which uses GLONASS technology for using smartphone as security camera has been designed for cameras with usual megapixel built. This is the first time that some mobile phone has used the super pixels to make a camera. Also the quality of image provided by this phone is very high. The resolution itself is very large and the colors present in the image also add to the quality. These all factors increase the size of image thus generated by the camera. The image itself will be of around 2 to 3 mb in size.

So to quickly transfer it to the website will take time. This all things need to be considered by the developers which will increase the time taken for development of software for Nokia 808 PureView. The technology of the camera isn’t new, but the way it is used in the smartphone is very new. So I think it will take time before GLONASS technology is developed for Nokia 808 PureView

Quote Originally Posted by Non-$ensoi View Post
    Also the quality of image provided by this phone is very high. The resolution itself is very large and the colors present in the image also add to the quality. These all factors increase the size of image thus generated by the camera.
    I too agree that after a large sized image is generated by the camera will create a big problem. Since the image needs to be uploaded quickly on internet for viewing of the person using it, the internet on the mobile needs to be very fast. Many parts of the world still don’t have mobile internet which can provide high speed uploads and processing.

Also to maintain the quality of the picture, Nokia 808 PureView can’t reduce the resolution and the quality of the picture. At the lowest quality set for the picture, the size of the image remains large. So I think it will be long time when GLONASS technology will be developed for Nokia 808 PureView.