Thread: Skype for Nokia 808 Pureview download

Skype for Nokia 808 Pureview download

Recently got a new 808 Pureview smartphone and am so happy with this product. Its amazing with the features, camera and its screen. But am disappointed with Nokia Ovi Store. As per my job profile I need to communicate my various clients regularly and I use skype for the same. Before getting to Pureview I was using Nokia N8 which was running with Symbian Belle and skype was working great. But with Pureview, I am not getting Skype anywhere on OVI store. Am now sick of searching it. Can anyone please tell me where can I get Skype for my Nokia 808 Pureview ?

Re: Skype for Nokia 808 Pureview download

Quote Originally Posted by Immortals View Post
    But with Pureview, I am not getting Skype anywhere on OVI store. Am now sick of searching it. Can anyone please tell me where can I get Skype for my Nokia 808 Pureview ?
    Even I have exactly the same problem. I was able to use Skype on my Nokia C7 device earlier without any problem. But now am not able to get it for download for Nokia 808. I cannot find it on OVI from mobile or from PC. I just unable to understand what is the problem with them. I mean, Nokia C7 was also running on Belle and 808 is also a Belle device. Then why is there an incompatibility issue on the same operating system for a same application? Also Nokia 808 is an advanced device and software like Skype should obviously work on it.

That’s correct friend. Skype is yet not made for Nokia 808 Pureview. And as you said W8 “why is there an incompatibility issue on the same operating system for a same application”. Any application doesn’t work only according to the operating system. They also depend on the hardware provided. For example, take any pc video game with Windows 7. A normal office PC obviously run Windows 7 smoothly but for playing games, you need a gaming PC with Windows 7. Same is applied for smartphone apps. But here its not like Nokia 808 cannot run Skype, it can. But Skype is yet not developed according to its hardware. They are working on it and will be launched soon.

Thanks for the info Orlando but that is really disappointing. I bought such a costly device but it is not able to help me in my work as Skype is very important for me. I think I’ll need to switch back to my Nokia N8 again and keep this amazing Pureview idle until Skype team launches application for the same.

Quote Originally Posted by immortals View Post
    Thanks for the info Orlando but that is really disappointing. I bought such a costly device but it is not able to help me in my work as Skype is very important for me. I think I’ll need to switch back to my Nokia N8 again and keep this amazing Pureview idle until Skype team launches application for the same.
    Well dude, if it is so important for you, I have a solution. There is a Skype available for Nokia 808 but unofficially. It is not the official release but it works on Pureview. I have tested on my own Pureview. Its been uploaded by guys from other websites and you can download it from here. But remember that as I said its unofficial, it may crash your device if you have set any custom theme. Hence, try it on default 808 theme provided until you get the official version.