Thread: Is Nokia 808 Pureview compatible with Purity headset?

Is Nokia 808 Pureview compatible with Purity headset?

I bought a new 808 PureView smartphone for myself and i love this phone. No doubt the camera is amazing. However my question to you is quite simple. I j just wanted to know whether it is possible for me to use the Nokia Purity headset with this phone. I just don’t want to connect the headset, the voice quality after connecting it shouldn’t get corrupt or disturbed due to the compatible issue. so if there is anyone who is sure about the compatibility of Nokia 808 and purity headset then please let me know.

Re: Is Nokia 808 Pureview compatible with Purity headset?

According to what I have learnt about this headset, it is actually meant to be used with nokia’s windows phones. This means that you can use this headset with Nokia Lumia 710, Nokia Lumia 800, Nokia Lumia 900. Overall it was actually meant for all Lumia series. But I have also heard that this headset is also possibly supported to other new Nokia device and that includes both Nokia 808 pureview and Nokia N8. So you can try you hands with the headset on your device.

The most recommended phone for this headset amongst all the Nokia series phones is Nokia Lumia 900. Many of them say that this headset is actually meant for this device. In fact when you visit the official site of nokia and visit the purity headset page you will find the same. This headset is an HD stereo headset with high performance, comfort with good stylish look. The main reason why it is restricted to certain branded high quality phone is due to frequency response which is around 20 - 20000 Hz. For further more detailed information I would suggest you to click on the following link - Purity Headset.

I am not sure about what exactly has been written at the official site of Nokia but what I saw is that this phone is only compatible with Nokia Lumia 800 and Nokia Lumia 710. There isn’t mentioned anything about Nokia Lumia 900 in the compatibility list.

But yes there I also find the following two points:
    Nokia Purity Headset is also compatible with the Nokia device that does have a 3.5mm Nokia AV connector and also compatible with other audio devices that have a standard 3.5mm audio jack.