Thread: Disable flash completely in Nokia 808

Disable flash completely in Nokia 808

I own this big giant Nokia 808 pureview with 48MP camera. This phone has really amazed me with its camera and clarity. I do not have any problem with this phone but just have to know something about the flash mode. Actually I don’t have much knowledge about this phone and its specification. I tried everything that I knew about it but still I am stuck with the flash mode of the camera. Everything I make sure that I turned of the flash mode while clicking any image but still I get the flash when I click the image by focusing on it. Is there any special trick to turn off the flash mode completely? As far as I know there is only one flash turn off option which I always kept turned off but still flash comes through the camera.

Re: Disable flash completely in Nokia 808

Not just the flash light but also the click sound irritates me a lot. I just wanted to get rid of them when not required. The problem is that I generally prefer to click images during the day time where I neither need the flash nor the click sound. Most of the time I have noticed that when there is a low light condition the flash gets automatically turned on and it gets automatically turned off once it is done with the focusing task. Currently the only trick that I follow is hide off the flash light that come out of the led with the help of some non transparent object which blocks the flash light. Guys how can get rid of this useless trick? I wanted to click an image with no such disturbance. Is it really possible?

I don’t think there is any way of turning of the shutter sound (the click sound) while clicking any image with your Nokia 808 Pureview. Also with regards to the flash there are actually if you notice two kinds of flashes that occurs; once is the focus flash and the other one is shutter flash. I am not sure but I guess if you turn off the flash light, one of both the light still remains turned on to get activate during low light.

I am a pure genuine user of Nokia from past 5 years first I had Nokia N73 with me then I followed with Nokia N8. In Nokia N8 as far as I know the focus light is only disabled with the Sport and Landscape mode and with rest other modes it is turned on. Regarding the shutter sound; I never found any option of turning it off from the camera settings but when I used to switch to Silent profile the shutter sound automatically goes off.

Hey I didn’t get the permanent solution but certainly I got a workaround kind of solution that helps me to turn off the flash light after I read out the above post. When I read about the N8 being able to turn off the flash light but switching to Sport and Landscape mode I decided to check the same in my Nokia 808 and guess what? I did find the same function in this phone too. But here in Nokia 808 the flash light goes off with scenery or sports mode and not with Landscape mode.

You people need not have to do anything with your phone. Instead of trying out the temporary solution better try this one. Here is the proper step to turn off the flash light completely from your camera.
    • First go to your phone’s settings, then go to Application Settings and then go to Camera
    • Now turn off the option called Focus Assistance lamp

Now there won’t be any more assistance by your camera focus while you click an image even in the low light mode.