Thread: Flickering screen with Nexus 7

Flickering screen with Nexus 7

I have bought a Nexus 7 recently and I don’t know why its screen flickers while browsing and loading page. It works fine other than this, I don’t know what’s wrong with. The issue was there since the starting but I was ignoring it but now it is quite irritating. I just wanted to know if this is because of some issue with my Nexus 7 or there is something I can do about it to get it working properly.

Re: Flickering screen with Nexus 7

Flickering screen is mostly due to hardware issue but it is not necessary, if you want then you can try resetting the tablet and see if you are getting any luck with it. For resetting the Nexus 7 you can refer to the below steps:
    • First Go to Settings > Backup & reset> Factory data reset> Reset tablet> Enter password if prompted and Touch Erase everything for the confirmation.
    • If at all you are having issues in accessing the settings menu then you can try doing a Hard Reset as well and for that you can refer to the below steps:
    • Turn your tablet off, hold down Volume Up + Volume Down + Power till you get an image of an Android.
    • After you see the image of an Android just Press Volume Down twice till you see the “Recovery mode” Screen.
    • Now Press Power and restart the tablet for entering “Recovery mode”. Once you enter recovery mode you will see an Android with a Red triangle.
    • When you see the Recovery mode then hold down Power and tap Volume Up, you can use the volume key for selecting wipe data/factory reset and then press Power. After that Scroll to “Yes – erase all user data” using Volume Up key and press Power again.

I just wanted to know that have you tried lowering the brightness of the phone?? If not then try out the same and see if the flickering is going away. I am not sure about your case but I have found one mentioning that he was facing flickering issue when the brightness was set high while browsing. He was able to get rid of it by lowering the brightness, if you want then you can give it a try as well and see if that’s helping.

If not then there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your phone and you will have to get it checked.

I don’t think that the flickering is due to some kind of hardware issue in your case, rather I think that there is something wrong at the software end. If there would have been a hardware issue causing flickering then he would have come across it while carrying out other task and not just while browsing. If resetting the phone to factory setting is not helping out then you can visit their service center and get it checked. If your phone might be applicable for some software update then they will do that for you and there are chances updating the software will fix the issue as well.

I have now tried lowering the brightness of the phone and have tried resetting the phone to factory setting as well but unfortunately I am not getting any help from it. I understand what Gyan|dada has mentioned regarding the flickering and hardware issue and even I don’t understand why is it appearing only while browsing and not for the other task. Anyways their service center is quite near from my place, so I will get the phone checked tomorrow and will let you know what was the issue all about.