Thread: Nexus 7 16 GB vs 8 GB

Nexus 7 16 GB vs 8 GB

Hey guys I am willing to get a Nexus 7 but I have found there are two choices, I mean one having 16gb storage space where as the other having 8gb. I am really confused between both and I don’t know which one to go for, is there anyone who can help me out with a bit of explanation why should I go for 16gb or 8gb and why not??? Thanks in advance.

Re: Nexus 7 16 GB vs 8 GB

I will suggest you to go for 8 GB one because you save $50 as compared to 16 GB one. The reason behind this is that you can have your extra storage above 8 GB in cloud. I really don’t think that it is worth paying extra $50 for storage rather I will use cloud storage. I personally think that 8gb storage is enough but if you are fond of saving too much things on your tablet then you can go for 16gb one. If not then you have option of 8 gb +cloud storage, I really find this to be a smart choice but it might vary according to your usage and desire.

I completely agree to you on that point, paying $50 extra just for the sake of + 8g storage does not sound good. Even I will suggest you to go for 8gb. If there would have been any additional thing with the storage then I could have thought about it but is simply a matter of storage. In my case I am having iphone 4 8 GB and frankly speaking I store most of my document on the same. I am find f music and I am having several songs and videos but I have not yet covered 7 gb storage yet.

I don’t think so, I think that paying $50 is worth guys, I mean why should one tend on cloud storage for storing documents if you are getting double storage in your phone. Why there is need of storing documents on cloud storage and then going through the syncing procedure when you can easily store and access them on phone.

If you get Nexus 7 16 GB then I don’t think that there will be any need of worrying regarding the storage, 16gb is quite enough and you can just store a whole lot of things. I have come across people running in to issues accessing their documents from the cloud storage because of poor signals and errors. If you don’t want to go through the same then better get 16gb one.

I think Kanesteyn is correct even though there is difference of $50 between them I think getting Nexus 7 16 GB will be a better idea. I also wanted to add that there are some sites that are giving promo code for discount with free shipping as well so you can get your Nexus 7 from one of those sites delivering the best deal and can save $ 20 to $ 30.

My vote goes for 16 GB as well, I prefer storing most of my documents, music, phones and other stuffs on my tablets and smartphone’s so that I can just access them quickly with an ease rather than storing it on cloud storage and go through the sync process. I don’t think you should be confused in making your choice, + 50 for 16 gb is really a better one. If you go for 8 gb then I am quite sure that you will need more storage within a couple of months and after that either you will start storing specific and required docs or go for cloud storing. Both of these option does not sound good, so just get 16 GB one and use it without any worries. 16 gb seems to be more than enough unless you try to don’t purposely try to fill it.

That’s quite right, 16 gb is worth getting, if you go for 8 gb one then you will surely run out of storage. I am telling this with my personal experience, I am currently having Nexus 7 16 GB and I am really not having any regret of paying + $ 50 for the storage. I have filled it with whole lof of apps, games, music, videos, pdfs and other document and it has hardly crossed 12 gb. I might have really regretted if I would have gone for 8 gb one. If you are a music lover like me then trust me, 8 GB will get covered with music, videos and couple of movies. I really store couple of movies on my tablet and enjoy watching them without worrying about the storage. I would have got a 32 gb one as well if it was there, Anyways it’s your choice but I will still suggest you to go for 16 gb.

I have recently bought my Nexus 7 16 GB from J&R and like the one has already mentioned above I had got it for $234 with the coupon code JULY4 that I had got from their site. I am not sure if the offer stands now or not but you can check about the same even contact them as it is just matter of a day. It was the only site that was delivering the best deal, anyways best of luck.

So now I have made my mind to go for Nexus 7 16 GB, I have checked out the J&R but unfortunately the offer is not appearing to be standing there today, I can see Apple iPad’s and other android tablets in their latest deals but Nexus 7 16 GB is missing from their list. If you come across any other site selling Nexus 7 16 GB with any offers or coupon code then just share it here, it will be very helpful. Till then I will contact them and check out if the offer is still standing or not, fingers crossed!!