Thread: Installed Whatsapp shuts down Nokia Pureview 808

OMFG Installed Whatsapp shuts down Nokia Pureview 808

I have bought Nokia Pureview 808 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that after installing Whatsapp it has started shutting down randomly. I don’t know what’s wrong with it, everything works fine after uninstalling Whatsapp. Seems there is something wrong going onbetween the Whatsapp and my phone but I don’t know what. Is there anyone who has faced the same and had an idea about this issue?? Is there any solution by which I can use Whatsapp properly??

Re: Installed Whatsapp shuts down Nokia Pureview 808

In that case I think you will have to format the phone or restore it to its factory setting. I don’t think you should have any issues after that. For restoring the phone to its factory setting try out the below steps:
    • Turn off the phone and turn it on while holding down * + 3 + Green Call button until the screen comes up with logo.
    • If you don’t get any help from the same then press and hold Red + Green + Camera button while turning it on.

Just give it a try and see if the issue is getting solved after that. Before trying out this make sure that you are talking the backup of all your personal data as they will be erased after this process.

Yes restoring the phone to factory setting should help you out, actually even I have faced the same issue before where my phone used to get turned off automatically. I was not able to make out what was the issue all about, later someone suggested me to uninstall all the recently installed application and install them one by one and test if the phone is turning off or not. I didn’t had any issues with other applications but as soon as I installed whatsapp the phone started responding in the same way. It started shutting down randomly. To solve this issue I had backed up all the applications and my data and had restored the phone to its factory setting, since then I have not faced the same issue again. The phone is just working fine, such issues are common after installing such thirdparty applications. Some time just uninstalling, redownloading and reinstalling the applications helps but if that does not then restoring phone to its factory setting will surely help you out. Just give it a try and post back the result you get after that.

Even I have tried out the same process of uninstalling all the recent applications and then reinstalling them one by one to find out the one causing this issue. I found it to be whatsapp, I am not having any issue with other applications like live train map, internet radio, cameralover app, angry birds, google maps etc. The problem arises with whatsapp, anyways I have tried restoring the phone to factory setting by performing both steps but unfortunately the issue still exists. After installing whatsapp the phone starts shutting down randomly, I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it several times but that’s not making any difference in my case. is there anything else that I can try out further for getting rid of this issue??? I just want to get it working as soon as possible so any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I think that you will have to update the firmware of the phone, I don’t think there is anything else that might help you in this case. You can update the firmware of the phone by using the required pc suite for it. If you face the same issue after that as well then better get it checked from the service center, best of luck.