Thread: Nexus 7 reviewed anywhere?

Nexus 7 reviewed anywhere?

I just read on the internet that Nexus 7 is about to release in market. I am excited about a tablet from Google as it will have many inbuilt features provided by Google itself. Also since I use Gmail account and other features provided by Google, I think Nexus 7 will be very useful for me. But just only having features close to Google won’t be sufficient to make me buy this table. I searched over internet to know more about this Nexus 7 tablet but couldn’t find much about it. Can someone tell me more about Nexus 7?

Re: Nexus 7 reviewed anywhere?

Nexus 7 is bit larger than most of the tablets that are available in the market. It is 10.45 inches wide in diameter. But don’t just go on its size, it is light in weight. This light weight is due to the rubber and the plastic body. It also comes with a 1.3 GHz processor equipped with Nvidia Tegra 3. With RAM of 1GB, that provides a high speed performance. The body of this tablet is also good in terms of looks as well as durability. With black finish in the front and rubber based back side, it provides a good grip as well as durability to Nexus 7. The speaker is quiet unnoticeable on the body but the quality of the sound is very good.

If you want to buy Nexus 7 and don’t have a reason for it, then let me tell you one thing about it. It is one of the tablets that has reasonable price and gives you more features in it. Also many other smartphones and tablets had previously installed Nvidia Tegra 3 processor in the. But many suffered problems of memory leak and mismanagement of the processing power.

But this is the first tablet to properly implement all these features and have proper management of memory. You won’t experience memory leak or any other problem related to the processor when using Nexus 7. Also as you are a big fan of Google, then let me tell you that Nexus 7 is the first Android device to have Google Chrome as its default browser.

If you are looking a tablet for entertainment, then Nexus 7 is just perfect for you. The 7” screen that provides resolution of 1280 X 800 is suitable for watching high definition videos of resolution equivalent to 1080p. Also the audio quality is good enough to use this tablet as an audio device. With processor having Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, it will support almost all the high definition games that are available for Android on Google Play. The Tegra 3 processor supports GPU water rendering and also high quality particle rendering. This will add realism to the gaming in Nexus 7. The 1 GB Ram will provide a fast processing speed needed for the games to run smoothly. Also with big screen, you will be able to enjoy gaming in an Android device as never before.

This device comes with connectivity in form of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth along with the USB connection for transfer of data. It also has a front facing camera of 1.3 megapixels. I know that this tablet is not meant for hardcore photography. But this camera is powerful enough for using the apps needing augmented reality. Also this tablet has the Nvidia’s power saving technique implemented in it. Using this technology, one can see that the brightness of the display is maintained at such a level that it does not consume a large amount of power. This helps to increase the amount of battery that we can use for hours. But due to this, it will difficult for the user to use the Nexus 7 tablet under direct sunlight.

One thing you’ll we love to know is that Google will be giving $25 worth of Google Play credit to every user who purchases Nexus 7. These credits can be used to purchase the stuff from Google Play which has a price on it. Also to add icing on the cake, Nexus 7 will come with pre-loaded videos and ebooks. The main purpose of having this pre-loaded stuff is that user can try out different applications that are installed in the Nexus 7 tablet that will support these videos and ebooks. I think that for price of $199, Google and Asus are giving away too much to the buyers. According to me, this tablet will satisfy the buyer completely and will also come useful on a long run. I don’t think that any other company will bring out such a good tablet for next few years.

Nexus 7 has Android 4.1 Jelly Bean installed in it. Good thing is that one will get to use the latest version of Android if Nexus 7 is purchased. But on the downside, Android 4.1 doesn’t support flash. So if you need to play social games like Farmville and CityVille, then let me tell you that much of them won’t work in Nexus 7 due to missing Flash support. I hope that Google develops Flash for Android 4.1 or many people who are need to regularly use it might downgrade the Android 4.1 to Android 4.0. But one thing I am sure about this tablet is that when it releases, it will take the whole market for tablets and smartphones on its heels.

Almost all specifications can be found on google.com/nexus.

Real reviews only available after launch and users have hands on it