Thread: More storage and cloud system not required for Nexus 7

More storage and cloud system not required for Nexus 7

Higher storage space and cloud service in Nexus 7 is not at all required. The existing features are more than enough for the end users. I am sure not just me but also other people might agree with my statement. Is there any one who has a genuine reason for why Google should add up more storage capacity into this upcoming tablet? I mean, isn’t 16GB storage is enough for you guys. I guess its more than enough, anybody could survive with such available space. After all its just a tablet and having 16GB of storage is quite decent amount for such an high demanding tablet. How many of you really do agree with what I have said? Please people do comment here and let me know you views and opinion.

Re: More storage and cloud system not required for Nexus 7

I would like to add up something to your comment. No doubt anybody would agree with what you have said. Even I feel the same 16GB storage is enough especially for a tablet like Nexus 7 it is more than enough. How much data a normal tablet user would try to put into it? If the storage was less than 16GB then there was a point to yell but with such decent space I don’t think anybody should make any negative comment. My friends do always say that they were in an intension of buying Nexus 7 but after they read that this tablet has only 8GB and 16GB version they directly dropped the plan. I didn’t find any sense in their comment. It’s just that they need a tablet with nothing less than the current demand. However I am not one of them. I can understand the value of 16GB storage as it comes under my necessity. So therefore I don’t see any need of either higher storage or the use of Clound service into it. A cloud service is a complete useless thing that has been involved into it.

You have understood it right. No one actually needs a higher storage space. They just wanted to show that they have a devices with the best specs and with a high storage space. As there are other tablets that are being coming up with some serious higher specs including the storage, Nexus 7 lovers also believe to have the same. They are the kind of users who can’t compromise in either of the thing.

Commenting against the 8GB version is much sensible I guess.

There are some tablet users who do prefer to carry on their huge bulk of data along with them. Here comes one of them. Yes, I am the one who do the same. I do agree that 16GB is more than enough but not for the users who has the collection of 5GB games and also bluray rips of about 5GB. This is just the major part of my data, there are lots of other small amount of data that I can’t sacrifice leave them back without coping them into the 16g version of Nexus 7. The movies which I prefer to watch are all high quality. Now is there anyone who has anything to say in my case. Shouldn’t I ask for a better storage in this tablet to get all my data into it? If you have a better trick other than using Cloud service (hope you won’t) then please let me know.

There are some tablet users who do prefer to carry on their huge bulk of data along with them. Here comes one of them. Yes, I am the one who do the same. I do agree that 16GB is more than enough but not for the users who has the collection of 5GB games and also bluray rips of about 5GB.
    Everyone knows that tablets are meant for small purpose activities then why you are trying to input such huge amount of data into it. I mean if you have such huge amount of high definition and high quality things then you should better prefer a laptop or a computer system. However, Nexus 7 developers are quite smart. They knew that customers like you may also come for purchasing the 16g Version tablet so therefore they introduce the cloud service. I am a genuine tablet user from past 10 years and until now I have been dependent purely upon the storage capacity that is allotted along with the tablet that I purchase. So therefore I know well how manage the memory storage of a tablet and also I know the exact intention of manufacturing a tablet. So I act upon accordingly.

There are only decent amount ebooks and PDFs in my other old tablet. Then some of my favorite apps including games and that’s it. They are all enough to get stored into the 16g version. In fact I must say that they are all enough get altogether into the 8g version too. I am planning to go for a 8g version and not the 16g version as even in case if I get anything more than the existing storage capacity then I might use cloud which for me is the best option.

I would deny the demand for more than 16gb of storage but not the cloud service. I guess this is the only thing which is stopping most of the users from raising their voices. Just because of Cloud services many of the users prefer to even buy a small tablet with less storage capacity. Imagine if there was no cloud service. I am sure almost 70% of the people would neglect using such 8g version nexus 7. Google’s Cloud helps us to store our huge collection of music and movies into it and saves enough amount of space of the storage. So better do not go against the Google’s Cloud services. Overall I would say that everything in Nexus 7 is currently fine. So better we do not point out anything as negative or positive. The best and worst will come up automatically as more and more people will start using it.