Thread: Jelly Bean Google Voice Search vs. Siri

Jelly Bean Google Voice Search vs. Siri

As we know Google has come up with new Voice Search technology in its Jelly Bean to compete with apple’s siri technology. So here I just wanted to know from you all that which one is better amongst them. I have used apple phone and I am familiar with Siri but not with Google Voice Search hence I don’t have much idea about the same. Anyone familiar with both these technology can let me know their individual pros and cons???

Re: Jelly Bean Google Voice Search vs. Siri

I don’t think there is much difference between Jelly Bean Google Voice Search and Siri. Even I have been using an iphone from a long time and I think that Siri is better than Google Voice Search. I can say it can stand in the competition with Siri but it is not actually a rival. Google will need some more time to make it better, the Google Voice Search lets us speak different commands and requests using natural language but on the other hand siri has been doing the same from the start and it is still doing quite well.

I don’t think there is much difference between Jelly Bean Google Voice Search and Siri. Even I have been using an iphone from a long time and I think that Siri is better than Google Voice Search. I can say it can stand in the competition with Siri but it is not actually a rival. Google will need some more time to make it better, the Google Voice Search lets us speak different commands and requests using natural language but on the other hand siri has been doing the same from the start and it is still doing quite well.

I agree to you on that point, even I think that sir is still the best as far as voice technology is concerned. It was apple who had introduced voice assistant as Siri and I think it still deserves the credit of coming up with unique concept. Samsung and Google has just tried stealing the concept and recreating it with some changes. J

ust to let you know, Google Voice Search is accessible from Samsung phones like Samsung Galaxy S III from the phone screen where as Siri can be accessed simply by using central hardware button of iPhone. Samsung had come up with S Voice and now its google coming with Google’s Voice Search with some additional Voice Action features.

I don’t think so, I think both are doing well and Google Voice Search can stand as a rival for siri. I have come across a video on youtube where Jelly Bean Google Voice Search has been compared to iphone siri. They have asked some questions to both and below are the response that they have got.

“Where Is the Empire State Building?”
    Google Voice Search – Responded fats and correct along with map and address of Empire State Building
    Siri – Did not understood the question

“Will I Need an Umbrella on Sunday?”
    Google Voice Search – Gave forecast report of 5 days weather
    Siri – Gave directions to a store for buying umbrella

“Show Me Pictures of Mount Rushmore”
    Google Voice Search – came up with images of Mount Rushmore
    Siri – Asked if they want to do a Web search.

“What’s the Capital of Canada?”
    Google Voice Search – Gave correct answer
    Siri – Gave correct answer

“Get Me Directions to the California Academy of Sciences”
    Google Voice Search – Responded fast with map and directions to California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco
    Siri – Came up with 2 results and was asking to choose one from those.

“How Old Is Stan Lee?”
    Google Voice Search – Gave correct answer with picture
    Siri - Gave correct answer, no picture
    “When Was Apple Founded?”
    Google Voice Search – Read the answer
    Siri - Gave correct answer

There were some more questions where Google Voice Search has been found to be performing better but I think that apple lovers will still not get convinced with it. If It is so then just Google out “Siri vs. Google Search (Jelly Bean) “ and check out the video presented by TechoBuffalo.

In short Jelly Bean Google Voice Search wins!! And siri fails !! Other than this I also wanted to add that currently Siri supports the below languages:
    • English (Australia, United Kingdom, United States)
    • French
    • German

Whereas Google Voice Search supports all of the these: English (Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand, South Africa, UK, US), French, Italian, Spanish (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, US, Uruguay, Venezuela), German, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese (Traditional Taiwan, Simplified China, Simplified Hong Kong), Yue Chinese (Traditional Hong Kong), Czech, Polish, Turkish, Russian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Dutch, Afrikaans, Indonesian, Malaysian, Zulu, Latin, Pig-Latin, and Arabic. So is there anyone who still wants to make any remark saying Siri is better???

Yes I have checked that out, I found Google Voice Search to be more human as compared to siri. Even though I an iphone user I don’t have any hesitation in saying that Google Voice Search implementation in jelly bean is awesome. I know that Google Voice Search has been found to be responding faster but here I just wanted to add that it is not about responding faster but it’s all about user personal satisfaction while communicating with the same. Apple siri technology has been quite satisfying and will do much better in ios 6 and I am quite sure about the same. I think before coming to any point we should wait for user personal response for Google Voice Search rather than making a remark that it is better than siri based on some questions asked.

Seems a cold war is going on between supporters of Jelly Bean Google Voice Search and Siri. Anyways I have not used both of them by now and as far as comparison is concerned I have gone through some videos where both these technologies are compared. You can Google out the below videos.
    • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Voice Search vs. iOS Siri
    • Google Voice Search vs. Siri (Android 4.1 Jelly Bean)
    • Siri vs Google Voice Search!

According to these videos Jelly Bean Google Voice Search is winning the race of voice assistant technology but I agree to what Sha-kaal has mentioned here “I think before coming to any point we should wait for user personal response for Google Voice Search rather than making a remark that it is better than siri based on some questions asked”

I have come across some mores tests that has been made between the Jelly Bean Google Voice Search and Siri in Quiet Environment as well as Noisy Environment and below are the rest results:

Jelly Bean Google Voice Search:
    1. Quiet Environment:
      1. Understood questions - 100%
      2. Accuracy of answers - 85%
    2. Noisy Environment:
      1. Understood questions - 100%
      2. Accuracy of answers - 85%

Siri:
    1. Quiet Environment:
      1. Understood questions - 85%
      2. Accuracy of answers - 65%
    2. Noisy Environment:
      1. Understood questions - 83%
      2. Accuracy of answers - 65%

So according to this result as well Jelly Bean Google Voice Search is leaving behind Siri in the race of voice assistant technology. I don’t think we need some more proofs for making that point. Apple may come up with an updated Siri in its ios 6 but currently Google Voice Search is leading it.

A number of technical sites have compared Jelly Bean Google Voice Search and Siri in different environment and conditions. I had checked out one mentioning that 1500 questions were asked to Google Voice Search and Siri both in Quiet Environment as well as Noisy Environment. So according to that test Google Voice Search answered 85% of the questions accurately where as siri answered 65 %. Google Voice Search has been found to be found provide more accurate and fast answers as compared to Siri in both Quiet and Noisy Environment. The statement that surprised me was that siri is a couple of years behind Google when it is about voice assistant technology even though the voice assistant technology concept was brought up by apple as siri. Their study says that 65% of Siri results are dependent on Google, 25% on Yelp service where as remaining 20 percent on WolframAlpha search engine, Yahoo search engine and Wikipedia. I was really not aware of the same until now.

So after going through all this information’s and reports even I can say that Jelly Bean Google Voice Search has left Siri behind. Maybe it’s time to move onto Samsung smart phones rather than sticking to iphone’s.

Your choice!! I have been using My iphone 4s and don’t have any problem with it, I don’t think apple users will move to some other smartphones just because there is a better voice assistant technology in it. I don’t want to start an overall comparison here as it is a thread saying “Jelly Bean Google Voice Search vs. Siri”.

I am quite sure that apple’s updated siri technology in ios 6 will be beating Google Voice Search, just wait and watch guys.