Thread: When is the right time to replace the battery of MSI Windpad 110W?

When is the right time to replace the battery of MSI Windpad 110W?

Hope you all understood my question. I just wanted to know the time period until which I can use my windpad 110W without replacing the battery. Right now there is no problem with the existing battery of this tablet that I have also there is no other problem I am facing. Just to be at a safer side I am asking this question so that I can have a slight idea about the battery life and its performance in this tablet.

Other than this if anyone prefer to give additional information or would like to share any issue about the same then you are most welcome but see to it that you do not go out of topic.

Re: When is the right time to replace the battery of MSI Windpad 110W?

I am really not getting why exactly you created this thread. As everyone knows that battery of any product is the only hardware part that is never guaranteed. It would run the best until you keep it safely and use it reliably. If you prefer a rough usage of your device then obviously your battery is bound get defected soon and then you will have to go for purchasing another one. If you would have asked about where we can get the battery of this device then I would have understood your requirement and the necessity of creating this thread.

Anyways better I do for what I came here. Look as I am a regular user of my MSI 110W and as I prefer using it every day for at least 2 to 3 hrs then I guess my battery life might go weak soon and therefore I will have to no doubt replace it at least after the end of 2nd or during the mid 3rd year.

I am sure no person would ask or create a thread asking about where they can get the battery of their tablet; especially MSI windpad 110W users won’t do that. If you simply Google on internet with your windpad’s battery number you might get endless result with several different brands of battery which are compatible with 110W. As far as I know the batter comes for around $87. Overall I just want to say that getting the battery for a MSI windpad 110W is the simplest thing.

However regarding the batter replacement I would surely agree with the above comment. My thoughts at least match with that thing. Even I use my Windpad over night non-stop for hours and hours. I have also started noticing the drop in the amount of charge that it uses to grab for a continuous running. Now my tablet is almost a year old and I guess the time is near for the replacement. I will definitely let you know the exact date when I will replace the battery of my tablet.

Trust me if you sell out your windpad 110W to me I would never buy it just because of its battery. I am not at all blaming the performance of this tablet’s battery but I am complaining about the other aspects of it. The batter performance is great and I am sure you are never going to face any major problem with it until you use the tablet roughly. In my case the tablet ran fine also I battery gives me the best performance but once due to some issue I was made to teardown the tablet and there I found the difficult involved with the battery. You wont believe it almost took me 1 hour to remove the batter and guess what? I wasn’t able to remove it till the end. Normally it looks like the battery is only screwed but the fact is that it is not just screwed but also glued along with the screen cage which is quite irritating.

I wonder, if in future I am suppose to replace the battery by myself then how would I do it? It looks like quite difficult to be replaced with our own will power.

Yeah, I do agree with your statement. With such strict placement of the battery I can only make out that replacing the battery however would be difficult but alongside another point that is to be noted is that you wont be able to replace the existing battery with any high ranged battery as there is only limited space available for the battery fixture. That’s the reason MSI has made the existing batter to be placed in such a manner with both screw and glue.

Before you ever plan or even think to replace the batter better first consult the Tech support or any official person of MSI. I guess they are the best person to guide you with such major issues. I don’t think with such wonderful tablet and such high power (4200mAH / 31.08whr) battery you will ever face any problem or think of replacing it at least for next 2 to 3 years. So better you stop thinking much about the replacement and all and enjoy the device. But always remember that you do not misuse or overuse the battery. Try to maintain the battery power by charging it around how much charge is require and not beyond that.