Thread: Is it possible to install Windows 8 tablet edition on Windpad Enjoy 7?

Is it possible to install Windows 8 tablet edition on Windpad Enjoy 7?

Guys, my Windpad Enjoy 7 are brand new which I got last week. Actually it was gifted to me by my father. The tablet is doing great and I am really enjoying it a lot. To be frank, android is not my cup of tea. i really do not like android products much. They don’t impress me a lot. When I came to know that my Windpad is running android into it, my entire interest and excitement was dropped but however I kept my face glowing as it was a gift to me.

Now, the only option available with me is to use this tablet installing windows operating system. Yes, windows are my best preference. But i am really very much doubtful whether an android tablet is capable of supporting windows OS. I have never heard or tried installing a windows operating system into a tablet removing android. Please, can someone help me in knowing whether it is really possible to get the windows 8 tablet edition on my Windpad Enjoy 7?

Re: Is it possible to install Windows 8 tablet edition on Windpad Enjoy 7?

I don’t think it will be ever possible for you to install any of the windows tablet edition OS into your windpad 7. First of all let me tell you that MSI Windpad Enjoy 7 is strictly meant for android and not for windows. If switching from one version to another version of the same OS becomes difficult then obviously switching the OS completely from one platform to another should be more difficult. Your tablet is having an android version running into it and turning the tables for a windows support won’t be so easy my dear. But even then I would like to suggest you to consult the Tech Support of MSI or any related technical support for the same query.

Firstly know that your tablet is currently running Android 2.3. Support for windows 8 is currently not possible but I am sure that in future when the final windows 8 tablet edition will be released then it might be compatible with ARM processor, and for your kind information let me tell you that Windpad Enjoy 7 is currently running ARM processor. So indirectly I am trying to point out your tablet which could in future get the support of windows 8 tablet edition after the final release. So be patient and wait for the further news of windows 8 and also keep on updating yourself about your windpad 7 compatibility related things.

Even if in future Microsoft release the support of windows 8 to the android tablets like windpad, it would much difficult for Windpad Enjoy 7 to accept it. Compatibility is another but there are also some other aspects that are needed to be fulfilled for the windows 8 to run smoothly on a tablet.

Firstly if you are not aware let me tell you that for windows 8 OS to get installed in a tablet enough hard disk space is required. And as far as I know Windpad Enjoy 7 has some 4GB of hard disk space available within it which is nowhere sufficient for windows 8 to get installed.

Look if you are really in need of a windows tablet by MSI then better go for Windpad 100W and windpad 110W. Although both these tablet currently do not run windows 8 but in future I am sure they will be one of those tablets which would provide the support of windows 8 tablet edition. After all, they are meant for windows OS. Currently both these tablets are running the same windows 7 OS but of different version i.e. windpad 110W runs Windows 7 Professional and windpad 100W runs Windows 7 Home Premium. In future spending some money (or even it could be for free) may help you getting windows 8 installed into the tablet. Better follow my suggestion and switch to either of the above mentioned tablets.

Or stay with Android! I am not very much sure but I think ICS is the current most famous OS of android. If possible ask someone to help you in getting ICS onto your tablet.

Hey is it really possible for me to switch to ICS? I do have a Windpad Enjoy 7 with me. Initially even I was trying to install windows 8 into it but then I realize that it is actually not possible to do so therefore I dropped the idea and planned to try my hands with android versions itself. From past 1 week I am trying gather some information about updating 2.3 gingerbread to 4.0 ICS. Some says that it is possible where as some says that it is not at all possible. Now whom should I listen. Is it really possible to update Windpad Enjoy 7 2.3 gingerbread to 4.0 ICS.

As already said above updating version to version of the same OS is always bit simpler than updating from one OS to another. If it’s true then I think updating 2.3 to 4.0 must also be quite easy, isn’t it?

The statement which you have mentioned is true but however it is not applicable in all cases. And unfortunately in your case too it is not possible. Right now there are no plans for providing any update for the Windpad Enjoy 7 gingerbread. It is only possible if MSI thinks to make it possible. If they manage to provide an update for this tablet i.e. windpad Enjoy 7 tablet only then ICS would be possibly be able get updated into the tablet. But I am sure right now there are no such plans by MSI. So if you planning to ICS in your Enjoy 7 then drop this plan too.

Dude, I am telling to better switch to Windpad 110W. This is the best tablet that MSI has ever come up with. No matter with which built in OS this tablet comes for you will be in future definitely able upgrade or downgrade the OS.

Comparing with Enjoy 7, windpad 110W is far much better. As already it has been discussed that Enjoy 7 is very poor with regards to the OS compatibility but things are very much opposite with windpad 110W. With windpad 110W you not just get the possibility of upgrading it with windows 8 tablet edition but also you can install Android 4.0 into it. But note that you can install x86 version of Android 4.0 and not any other version. In short, with this tablet you get the chances of using either android 4.0 ICS or windows 8 (in future) which is not at all possible in Enjoy 7.