Thread: How to update Android 4.0.4 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?

How to update Android 4.0.4 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?

I own a Galaxy Nexus which runs on Android 4.0.4. I have been using for a month now and now hear that Android’s version 4.1 has been released. I found out on the internet that Galaxy Nexus is compatible with Android 4.1 and thus I am planning to upgrade it to the new operating system. I had installed Android in one of my old smartphones, which is HTC One X. But this one is different, so the way of installing the O.S. will also be different. I am bit hesitant that if I try to upgrade my Nexus, it might get damaged and thus, I want to know some proper method to do it. Has someone who has upgrade their operating system in Galaxy Nexus, tell me how to do it?

Re: How to update Android 4.0.4 to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean?

Many people have tried to upgrade the version of Android in their Galaxy Nexus by normal means but many of them failed or started getting some errors in their smartphone. If done methodically, I don’t think that upgrading process of Android in Galaxy Nexus will fail or give any problem. I attempted doing it and succeeded in getting the proper results for updating of the Android 4.0.4 to 4.1 in my Galaxy Nexus.

1) The first thing that you need to have is the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit. You can search it on Google and you will find it easily. You will need to have this toolkit to proceed with the process of updating the Android of your Galaxy Nexus.

2) Now download the ROM for Android 4.1 Jellybean by searching it over Google. This will be in a zip format and you can place it in your computer wherever you like.

3) Now to enter the bootloader mode, you will need to turn off your Galaxy Nexus. Then keep the volume up and down buttons pressed while you turn on the power. Thus, you will enter the bootloader mode.

4) Now when in the bootloader mode, you need to connect the smartphone to the computer in which you have installed the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit.

5) You will be given options to choose the action from, press one to start installation of the drivers.

6) Now select the ROM that you have copied in your phone and select the option number 3 to select the device which you want to update. The process of the phone update will begin. This process might erase the data from your phone if something goes wrong.

7) During the working of this process, you will see the prompts for selection of CVM. This CVM is part of the same ROM file that you had copied in the phone.

8) Now just wait till the process completes and your smartphone returns to factory settings. Just reboot your smartphone and it will be ready to use with Android 4.1.

Hey I tried out this method and it worked for my Galaxy Nexus. Now I am enjoying Android 4.1 Jellybean on my Galaxy Nexus. But I am not satisfied by the way its navigation works. It is still bit bugged and the gradient in the background still looks pixilated. The Gmail too looks same as the previous version of the Android. I still can’t zoom in the Gmail to have a closer look at my emails. One thing that I liked is the variation in which the animation of the launching apps is seen when used. The audio search also is nicely improved to capture more complex words. Privacy protection for memory card is also a good feature. The feature of Auto Sync application is also a great feature.

Android 4.1 has some good new features that there were not there in previous versions. The app for messaging is good and very useful. Also we will find new icons for contacts. The default font of this smart phone also seems to very well improve and looks great. Also we can have apps as widgets and also disable the notifications by keeping it pressed for few seconds. Also Android 4.1 Jellybean features new improved keypad. Also feature for WPS PIN feature is great for use of this smartphone as we can connect it using Wi-Fi. Also I see a good improvement in Google Play Music. We can also boot the smartphone in safe mode by holding down the power button for few seconds.