Thread: MPCStar Media Player working extremely slow on some video

MPCStar Media Player working extremely slow on some video

I am using MPCStar media player. The media player works very slow when I try to play some dvd videos. It takes quiet long time to launch and sometime I got a message that program not responding. On the same hand if have some mp4 videos of above 800mb. When I play them in this media player they work flawlessly. Those dvd video work on my tv dvd player. Is there some issue with this software. I had notice that when I try to load my music playlist it freezes in between and then starts back again. I am using Windows 7.

Re: MPCStar Media Player working extremely slow on some video

The issue looks with the media player. Do one thing, backup your playlist file and then re-install the browser back again. This will fix the issue. You can then re-import the playlist back inside the player. I hope there will be some option for the same.

It looks issue with codecs. The last version of this software is MPCSTAR v5.4 which supports hardware-acceleration. They had configured the player to run high definition video format. If you are working on old software version then better switch to new one. Upgrade the same and then check back. MPCStar is a good media player. Just for testing purpose download and install Media Player Classic in your system. Also download Klite codec pack. This pack will help to run all type of video format. Once install open those videos. If still they work slow then the problem lies with the videos. The dvd videos might be of poor quality of there will be lots of scratches on the disc. Try to rip the dvd video using tool like handbrake. You can then convert the same to readable format and then check back.

Yes you can try converting the video to a readable format and then check back. There are ample of good convertors on web. Download any of them and convert the video to mp4 file.

Why don't you use VLC. It is quiet clean and easy to use. It also has playlist format. I like this player because it reads almost every kind of multimedia format. You just need to drag the videos inside it. If you are not willing to switch to VLC, then in MPCStar check for some codec updates. There is not version upgraded for this media player. The last time that was did a year ago. So there are chances that this player will face problem in reading higher video files. For troubleshooting this I can only conclude you to re-install this. What more you can do. Such media players do not have advance troubleshooting options. There are tools that can be used to fix the video format. But they may consume time and it is not comfortable to convert each and every video and then view it. Better switch to good media player so that you cannot face such kind of issue in future.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    Why don't you use VLC. It is quiet clean and easy to use. It also has playlist format. I like this player because it reads almost every kind of multimedia format. You just need to drag the videos inside it. If you are not willing to switch to VLC, then in MPCStar check for some codec updates. There is not version upgraded for this media player. The last time that was did a year ago. So there are chances that this player will face problem in reading higher video files. For troubleshooting this I can only conclude you to re-install this. What more you can do. Such media players do not have advance troubleshooting options. There are tools that can be used to fix the video format. But they may consume time and it is not comfortable to convert each and every video and then view it. Better switch to good media player so that you cannot face such kind of issue in future.
    Even I agree with the same. You must switch to a good player in place of this. Choppy or slow video can be due to software that cannot handle big size files. Get a good multimedia player.