Thread: Getting error "usb unmounted" when exploring usb using MSI WindPad Enjoy 7

Getting error "usb unmounted" when exploring usb using MSI WindPad Enjoy 7

I have bought MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 , the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am connecting usb then I am getting an error message saying "usb unmounted" . I don’t know what the issue all about is, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?? I want to get it working somehow and as soon as possible. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting error "usb unmounted" when exploring usb using MSI WindPad Enjoy 7

I just wanted to know if you have formatted the usb before using it with MSI WindPad Enjoy 7. Since it is an Android tablet it won’t read NTFS formatted sticks and you will have to format it with FAT/FAT32/EXT2/EXT3. If you haven’t than try it out and see if that’s working out for you. If that does not then try out some other usb stick as there are possibility if incompatibility as well. Just try out what I have suggested and let me know what you get.

I don’t think there is any issue because of the formatting as I have now tried formatting the usb stick with FAT32 and I am getting the same message when I am connecting it and trying to explore. I don’t think here is anything wrong with the usb stick as well I have used it with my computer and it is working fine there. The issue is with the MSI WindPad Enjoy 7, by now I have tried 3 usb sticks and have got the same message for all of them. I think there is something wrong with the WindPad itself. If you don’t think so then which are the other possible reason for this error message? Any ideas?

I don’t think there should be any issue like that, it has been mentioned in its specification that it supports usb. If you’re MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 is new then better get it checked and replaced. Even I think there is something wrong with it, if you want then you can contact the msi official support as well. Just contact them and address them the issue along with the solution that you have tried check out what they have to say about the same. If this would be a common issue going on then they will be aware of the same and would suggest you some solution as well, Best of luck.

I am not sure if this will make any difference or not but you can try resetting your MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 to factory settings and check out if that’s helping. For restoring the tablet to factory settings turn it off and power it on holding Power and Volume+ button at the same time. When you do so then you will be navigated to boot loader menu, once you enter the boot loader menu you will get the option for restoring the tablet. Just give it a try and see if you are getting lucky with this solution.

I had contacted the msi official support and they had suggested me to format the usb, reset the tablet, turn it on with usb connected and so. When I told them that these solutions are not making any difference in my case they simply suggested for visiting the nearest service center. Actually the service center is far from my place and it won’t be possible for me to visit it before weekend. So I just wanted to know if there is any other solution that I can try out from my end before visiting the service center??? Further help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Before visiting the service center you can try to update the firmware of your WindPad Enjoy 7. You can get the latest firmware from here. Just make sure that you are downloading the SOP and its tool from the above link as well. You will get the information regarding the update with the download. Previously some people had reported Bluetooth issue with their MSI WindPad Enjoy 7 and it has been covered with this update. So there are possibilities that you can get your usb issue solved as well. if not then you will probably have to visit the service center as there is nothing else that you will be able to try out from your end.