Thread: Is Android 4.1 Jelly Bean available for HTC One X?

Is Android 4.1 Jelly Bean available for HTC One X?

Now my HTC One X is just a month old and let me tell you that I am really very much satisfied with this phone and also with ICS android version running into it. Yesterday I heard that android has ultimately came up with their latest version called as jelly bean 4.1. I was not sure about the news but then after verifying it with my dad I got the confirmation. However from the time I heard about it, I am willing to try it out in my phone. My friends used to speak a lot of it and its features and they always used to show their excitement for getting the update in their android phone. From then onward even I decided to try it once it is released for HTC phones.

I really do not have much idea about the compatibility of jelly bean with other device. Will I support my device? As I said currently I am running ICS into my device and I didn’t make any changes into it until yet.

Re: Is Android 4.1 Jelly Bean available for HTC One X?

No one is sure about anything other than Nexus. Google have confirmed the compatibility of Jelly bean only with Nexus. In fact they Nexus is soon going to be released with android 4.1 jelly bean update. Other than this Nexus they have not spoke anything about other phones. But however news is going around that HTC One X might be the second one that would support jelly bean update. I personally too feel the same as HTC One X shares the ICS update and they say that mostly android phones that are running with ICS might see the jelly bean update available for them. So I guess, there are chances that your phone will be considered in the list of jelly bean update.

There is some interesting information that I found on internet. Currently HTC is being considered as one of the smartphone brand which is very much excited with the release of android 4.1 jelly bean update. Also according the source, they said that they will try out their best to get this update supported for almost all of their devices that would come under the range limit. Right now they are working for the same and soon they will be up with a positive result. Check out the HTC One X related current threads I am sure you might get all related threads.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S and Motorola XOOM are the phones that are confirmed to get the jelly bean update without any 2nd thought. And the next in the lineup is the HTC smartphones so do not worry yours will definitely come in picture soon.

For your kind information let me tell you that HTC One X amongst all other HTC phones is said to be the most compatible device for the Jelly bean 4.1 update. The current plans of HTC are to first check and then analyze the platform. They are first targeting the phone that are at the top range and as I said above HTC One X is the best nominal. This phone do not even need any testing with jelly bean but still they are planning to get it reviewed and only then release the update for this phone. You are not the only one waiting for the update for your HTC One X, even I have the same device with me. Lets hope for the best.

Recently I saw a review video of HTC One X on internet and I was very much surprised to see that jelly bean on it wasn’t doing well at all. I am sure the phone was HTC One X as accordingly stated in the title but I still doubt whether the update was jelly bean or something else. How come jelly bean is working so weirdly in a well arranged HTC One X phone? As already said above, One X is considered as the best candidate for having jelly bean 4.1 update other than Nexus but after watching the video looks like the update is not going to work at all in this phone. I saw the screen was lagging a lot and also the user has to press at each option several time to get it accessed. I know many people might have not believed the video and so do I. lets wait for the original review from HTC and then see the difference. At least the news is clear that 4.1 is available for One X.

One of my friends had tried jelly bean 4.1 with HTC One X and it’s really superb in usage.

Quote Originally Posted by valueplusretail View Post
    One of my friends had tried jelly bean 4.1 with HTC One X and it’s really superb in usage.
    Can you post a pic of the HTC One X which is installed with the jelly bean 4.1 android operating system. What all features were working on the phone, and what other features that were not working? I guess, since only the preview version of the android 4.1 is released for the nexus phone, so he might have installed that version?