Thread: Another low range android tablet Mercury mTab releases in India

Another low range android tablet Mercury mTab releases in India

After the announcement of Akash Tablet the first cheapest tablet in world, I had notice that Indian market is flooded with many devices. There are companies like Reliance, Beetle, iCherry, wespo,hcl, micromax, etc who came up with low range tablet pc. I will not say the product is great but quiet functional. Among all of them the best one according to me was Micromax Funboox. A ICS Android tab for Rs. 6499 is quiet not expected. Even after testing it I found it very functional. Now another company Mercury released a new tablet called as Mercury mTab Rs.11,999. This is a 9 inch tablet pc with Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread). Do you remember Mercury the company which made this tablet. This company is a motherboard manufacturer. I had repaired tons of system which has Mercury board. This does not looks great features and that too @Rs.12K looks costly for me.

I would better go for Lenovo ideapad or wait for Google Nexus. There are many tablets recently flooded in Indian market. I hope the users will get the right product for the amount they are paying.

Re: Another low range android tablet Mercury mTab releases in India

It is right that in recent months we had seen many companies started switching to table market. They had ignored smartphone from sometime. I remember Olivepad as the first good range tablet. Then reliance released its own product with has the same price. Anyhow it hard to compare all this low range products. Because the features of all of them are almost identical. Th same 4GB internal storage and Gingerbread. Also it looks that there is no great difference in hardware specs also. After looking on this thread I visited their site to find the specification details. The specs says that this tablet has some kind of 3 core cpu. That means they have a cpu, gpu and vpu altogether. When I went on web to find what is vpu I found that gpu is sometime called as vpu. That was really confusing. Leaving all those behind the cpu speed is 1.2Ghz which is not so special. There is a 3d accelerator, 7" screen, 1.3Mp camera, wifi, etc. So there is nothing special here. I too agree that if you are having a tablet like Micromax Funbook for Rs.6500 with ICS then why should we go for Gingerbread.

It is good to find that new companies are releasing such products in local market. I actually hope that there should be more fall in price. A good tablet running on gingerbread must come between 4 to 6K. Because there are no appropriate camera not storage facility.

Mercury mTab Rio looks good in my views. But I too agree that it is overcharged. I had seen mTab Neo 2 on the official site. This too has the same operating system with 1Ghz cpu. There is no great difference among the specs. The only change that you can see is some products comes with sim support and some not. And I am sure in future they will never get ICS update.

You have to stick with gingerbread for your life. If we see the product in detail then the benefit that we have is a bigger screen and the ram quality. It has ddr3 ram which loks great. While other tablets also have wifi and expandable storage stuff. I have doubt on one more thing. Does this tablet supports usb or not. Because this is somewhat act as external storage device to access content. USB and hdmi interface is commonly provided on other tablets also. I hope after some couple of month when this is finally released there should be fall in price.

Actually what I want to see is tablet is a good responsive screen and performance. I will keep this table in the list of all those which are still available in the market. I had seen a test video which showed that this tablet might perform well.

The price which is mentioned is reasonable. You will be overcharged if this goes above 15k. Such tablets can take a place of ebook readers. If we compare this low range tablets with ebook reader then you can figure why this are recommended. If we buy or import this product from outside then usually the price goes above 30k. Under that price range you can afford to go with 3 different existing brand. The tablets comes with dedicated gpu unit. Gingerbead is still the most comfortable operating system yes for tablets. While ICS needs more higher hardware to perform well. The battery life of mtab is stated around 8 hrs. There are all traditional features added in the tablet making it quiet useful.