Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

reinstall software in mobicel M1 cell phone

Portable Devices

Old 29-06-2012

reinstall software in mobicel M1 cell phone

hi all, greetings.
i have a mobicel M1 cell phone don't know where it was manufactured.
can someone please tell me how to reinstall the software, what program to use and where to find it. when i bought it in south africa the tv software was deleted, can this be reinstalled.

thanks in advance

Old 29-06-2012

Re: reinstall software in mobicel M1 cell phone

Well, havent you got any cd/dvd with the mobile phone that you have in its box package that might contain its software. By the way, which software you are talking about to reinstall, is that the applications or the Operating system on which the device is running you want to reinstall? Check from the mobile phone manual, if there is any code that can reinstall it to factory settings again.
Old 11-07-2012

hi sorry for taking so long to reply.i bought it brand new.
no cd came with the phone, i think its imported from china or india. it can take 4 sims, and the name on it is mobicel model M1.

sorry thats all the information i have. when it came into south africa the tv software was taken off because the goverment is very strict that you pay tv license. i want to reload the tv software if its available.

thanks
Old 13-07-2012

Well, isnt there an option in the settings of the mobile phone to reset the phone to factory settings. Normally, when you do that, it will automatically restore all the files of the operating system that is installed in your mobile phone and thus, if you are lucky, you will get back the tv software that you need in it, without having to connect it to computer and installing third party applications.
Old 13-07-2012

Hi thanks for the reply. unfortunately the software for the tv was removed before it went on sale.
Old 13-07-2012

I dont think that your phone supports any other tv channel applications because it hardly supports most of the java files or other files that are usually available for branded mobile phones. Most of this chinese phones doesnt support third party applications and hence they lack such kind of features.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: ,