Thread: Is Android 4.1 Jellybean only for Nexus, no support for other phones?

Is Android 4.1 Jellybean only for Nexus, no support for other phones?

As my title describes I just wanted know, which are the other phones that are supportable by the latest upcoming version of Android. As far as I came to know, android 4.1 jellybean is going to only support Google Nexus. I read it from an article that I found on internet also heard many people talking about it. But I don’t think Google will ever develop something which would limit to only certain extend. If they have developed jellybean then surely it has to support at least few more devices other than Nexus during its initial phase. Can anyone confirm the news about the support of Jellybean on other devices?

Re: Is Android 4.1 Jellybean only for Nexus, no support for other phones?

Even I found the nexus as only one device that has got the jellybean available. But when I search more about the jelly bean update I found another article where they mentioned the names of few more devices have has the possibility of getting the OTA update. Along with the nexus, Motorola Xoom and Nexus S are the possible phones that would come along with 4.1 update. No other phone has been mentioned in the list. I guess after few days they will be definitely going update the names of few more devices amongst the list. Lets wait and watch.

Even I believe the same. As you have mentioned, even I read the names of these three phone and no other phones has been listed in the category. After jellybean will be successfully implemented in these above mentioned phones they will look into other android devices. ICS 4.0 supporting devices has the more chances of getting the OTA updates soon after jellybean will be released for the officially listed devices. Rest other devices that don’t even have an ICS running into it will possibly find it difficult to get the OTA update. I have recently purchased a Funbook running ICS 4.0, it is working great but after I heard about the jellybean release I am feeling to get it into this tablet. I hope it do support the Funbook.

No it won’t support the Funbook either. I am not saying that I would never get the update but for now it is quite not possible. The reason I am being doubtful about the support for other devices is because Google themselves have only confirmed about the nexus and they haven’t spoke about any other device. So better we listen to them as they are the one who has developed jellybean. No other knows better than them.

Casually if you search on web about the compatible devices you might end up getting a long list but all of them come under the doubtful cases. So do not believe any site or article unless Google comes up with confirmed news.

Other than Nexus, it’s not just the ICS device that might get the jellybean update but also other lower android version devices might get the same but they will have to wait or struggle more. I mean, if you have older version that is below ICS and if you devices has the capability of supporting ICS and jellybean then I guess firstly you will have to switch to ICS then wait for a while (maybe for a long period of time), until you get a confirmation of updating to jellybean. Overall your android device can also support jellybean but there are very rare chances. So better don’t try to do it.

Still I have a gut feeling that Nexus is not the only device which is currently going to get the support of jellybean. Heard about Nexus S a lot along with Nexus.