Thread: Is it possible to port the new Android 4.1 Jellybean update now?

Is it possible to port the new Android 4.1 Jellybean update now?

Hearing a lot about the latest and newest Android update by Google. They say that this latest version 4.1 Jellybean is going to be one of the faster and flexible versions of android. They also say that there are some other interesting features that are going to blow up your mind as they are newly introduced in 4.1. However as jellybean is the later version of ICS, it is definitely going to provide some of the workaround and other fixes for the problem that the users faced with ICS update.

Now my question here is whether I or any normal user is able to port to this update right now. i only know about the announcement but what about the installation and the release. Is the update available for the android phones and tablets?

re: Is it possible to port the new Android 4.1 Jellybean update now?

Currently I guess there are no plans of making the update available for any android phones. After the announcement has been made I didn’t read or heard anywhere about the release of the update. The only thing until now I came to know is that the update will become portable only after it is released for the next google products like Google Nexus and Google Glass. Once these both products successfully implement the 4.1 version (jellybean) then I am sure the update will be there for other normal android users too. But obviously there might be certain limitations which you will have to take care of.

Re: Is it possible to port the new Android 4.1 Jellybean update now?

Currently the status is that Android 4.1 is still not well stable and steady with the Cyanogenmod 9. If Cyanogenmod 9 get stable then obviously Android can continue working for Cyanogenmod 10 (jellybean). Except for Nexus and Google Glass I don’t think other users might get the same facility as Nexus would get. Already it has been said that all features of jellybean are not going to be supportable for the other devices even if it’s an ICS device. If we get a Cyanogenmod 9 working fine without any issue and bug then definitely android users are not away from getting Jellybean. Until then if you want to taste Jellybean then go and buy Nexus, no other option is available I guess.

Although the announcement of Jellybean has been made recently few days ago, the update is going to be available in the mid of July. If you are not in hurry you can wait until the date come and then try to get the detail whether you will be able to get it into your phone. Most probably even I think that you will be able to port the update only in the ICS devices as jellybean (4.1) is the succeeding sub-version to ICS (4.0). However it has also been said that hardware limitations are going to be one of the major distraction for the incompatible devices but not sure which devices they might be.

Yes, you are right. Most of the people have mistaken that jellybean is going to be another revolutionary version say 5.0. But the truth is that it is actually a sub-version of ICS 4.0 i.e. 4.1. Mostly it has been developed for resolving many bugs that were found in ICS update. With the existing ICS features jellybean is also going to have its very own latest features. If you Google the comparison between ICS and jellybean, you will surely see the difference. When I watched a comparison video I randomly guessed out that jellybeans I no doubt faster and smoother than ICS.

There are many interesting difference in the upgrade that will force you to turn towards jellybean. The responsive function of jellybean is more impressive with an Enhanced Accessibility.