Thread: Need Windpad 100W Windows 8 drivers

Need Windpad 100W Windows 8 drivers

I own a MSI Windpad 100W and it had came preinstalled with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium and I did not had any issue with the same and things were working fine. Recently I have installed Windows 8 on it, I did not had any issue with the installation of it but since then the graphics is set at 800x600 and I am not able to go above that. I just wanted to know that if I can get Windows 8 graphic driver from somewhere is there anyone who had tried out the same by now and can help me out as well?

Re: Need Windpad 100W Windows 8 drivers

I don’t think that there should be any such issues, anyways I wanted to know if you have tried changing resolution of your Windpad 100W? If not then try it out and see if it is taking the affect. If not then you can try installing Windows 7 graphic driver as well, I think that will be a better idea. I don’t think you will be able to find out Windows 8 graphic driver for now. If you still have any doubt regarding the same then you can contact msi and find out what they have to say about this??

Even I was not aware that it will run in to issues like this, I am not able to switch from landscape to portrait as it stays at 800x600 and does not allow me to go over it. I have tried changing the resolution but I am not getting any help from the same. After your suggestion I have tried installing Windows 7 graphic driver but have not got any help from it. I think there is something wrong with the graphic driver of Windows 8. I think I will have to uninstall Windows 8 and reinstall Windows 7. Anyways if anyone finds out a solution for this issue or come across any update on this then please share it here, it will be highly appreciated.

I think that Windpad 100W is not fully compatible with Windows 8 for now, a number of people have installed Windows 8 on their Windpad 100W tablet but most of them are running in to different issues. I will suggest you to switch back to windows 7 for now until Windows 8 are made fully compatible for Windpad 100W by msi. One of my friend is having Windpad+ windows 7 and he is not having any issues like this. If you want then you can also try reinstalling windows 8 and check out if that’s helping. I am not sure if it will make any difference but you can give it a try. If I come across any patch version of windows 8 for Windpad 100W then I will let you know. Best of luck.