Thread: What is new in Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

What is new in Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

Just got a new that the next month Google is going to provide Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS. I want some information on the same related to the interface and new additions in it. I was wondering that Android might release 5 series OS this time with more rich features. This is similar story like iPhone 4S. Well it looks that there can be some better improvement in Android 4.1. Thanks.

Re: What is new in Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

This was announce some time ago but the release date is not yet finalize. There are number of assumption made on the new version based on features and output. Like the new Android 4.1 will have more option to share and search web. That is it will be easier for internet surfing. Rightnow the version that I am using is Gingerbread. I got chance to use ICS in which flash sites do not responded well. I hope this can be fixed and more support must be provided on the same. Some of the sites says that file sharing among android phones will be improved giving you a better quality of output. One thing I found that the new update will give better voice service. The current phone is slow in response. Google is planing to add more to the voice service where you can find your solutions instantly. Google put a quiet stress on photo sharing feature of Android. I am not sure why Google is releasing the new version so early.

The information that I collected on it shows that there is no major changes among the phone interface. It is the features that will be improved. You are right about photo sharing. Certain addition will be smart keyboard, better notification on the phone screen, better widget placement and customization and more graphics output.

You said that there will be more graphics output that means we can play more better games. Does that means the new phone that will run on Jelly Bean will consist of better hardware. Yet there are phones which has commonly reach to 800Mhz cpu. I hope this will increase to 1Ghz and more higher. Android is good os with rich features. But the upgrade can be not comfortable for older phones. High end devices likes Galaxy Nexus will only receive this update. The new update has more cleaner interface compared to the older version. ICS tends to give better interface but Jelly Bean will have more clear app look. I had seen a small test on web which showed a great difference between both the mobile operating system. Google might try to add more to give better support. Android phone is quiet hit in the market and the number of manufacturers are increasing. The same is also applicable for tablet pc. Now if Google provides a better support Android phone then tablets are also in the same race. What I found that Jelly Bean is more table optimized.

The version of android that runs on tablet and mobile are simply one and the same. The only difference is a tablet gives you bigger screen. Jelly Bean has more options to arrange on widget on the home screen along with cooler voice service.

There will be no major changes. What you can see a bit change in interface an better font. Google this time tries to give features instead of UI. Jelly Bean gives you to manage your widget on screen which is quiet annoying on Gingerbread. You can group them, modify the size or simply remove it from the home screen with one tap. Google this times plans more better to compete siri. I also found a number of news based on usage of good voice recognition on Android. Voice recognition is one feature that is best on iPhone devices. Now we have to wait and see whether this new os does well or not. Mostly this update is recommended for tablet pc. I am not sure but I found on a news that Google might give offline power to voice service. That means this time the voice recognition service will not use internet to give you results. There may some kind of database integrated for it. Would that make the app size bigger. And if it is turned on on the background that might surely make the phone more slower.

Day by day android is improving and so the interface. I got certain glimpse of this operating system. It makes the home screen more organized and clear. The responsiveness is higher and better. I hope it will support all old apps.

What I know that for newer interface more better phone hardware will be needed. I had checked that in ICS. I had got a cracked update for a phone and run that. The phone was too slower although it has 800Mhz process. So this time the requirement might be above 1Ghz. Anyhow if this update is out, old phones are not going to get any benefit from it. There were certain articles on web which are based on Jelly Bean on Google Nexus tablet. It looks good. The new os looks more better in graphics. I think there will be a need of dedicated gpu this time in all those devices which will have Jelly Bean. Talking about the interface it is a bit different. Not entirely but more clean. You can simply move the icons and group them. The widget can adjust size and fit properly on the screen. This was not possible in older version. There are some enhanced option related to photo sharing and zooming. Google stressed more on responsiveness this time. You can assume that you are going to have multi finger usage.