Thread: Acer Iconia A700 comes with gorilla glass or something else

Acer Iconia A700 comes with gorilla glass or something else

I am willing to get Acer Iconia A700 tablet but before that I want to confirm if it is having gorilla glass or not. I will get it if t is having a gorilla glass as I use my devices roughly but I don’t like to damage them as well. I just hate scratches screen, as Acer Iconia A700 is having larger screen I can’t take any future risk of spoiling it. I have checked about the same over the web but have got varying answers for it. so say that it is having a gorilla glass where as some say it doesn’t. So is there anyone who can confirm this out for me??

Re: Acer Iconia A700 comes with gorilla glass or something else

As far as the specification is concerned I don’t think it is having gorilla glass:
    • Type - LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    • Size - 1920 x 1200 pixels, 10.1 inches (~224 ppi pixel density)
    • Multitouch - Yes

If it might had have gorilla glass then it would have been mentioned in the specification of the same.

Yes Acer Iconia A700 is not having a gorilla glass but is having a Soda lime glass like Acer Iconia A500. Anyways I just wanted to add that Acer Iconia A700 is one of the smartest tablet I have come across. I think that not getting it just because it is not having a gorilla glass does not seem to be a good idea. I don’t think that it will get scratches with the glass that it is having now. I have checked out the review of Acer Iconia A700 ad have come in contact with some users of Iconia A700 and they have mentioned that even they use it roughly but there has not been a single scratch on the screen in their case. Anyways I was just sharing my views here it is your choice to get it or not.

I have checked about the same on some sites and have found them mentioning that it is having a screen size 10-inch scratch-resistant coating coated Gorilla Glass. I am not sure if it is actually having a gorilla glass or not. I think a better idea will be contacting their support and find it out. There are varying answers for the same on the web so even I am pretty confused regarding that but I am not that tent to find it out. I agree to Vascon!cell on his point saying that it is not a good idea to quit Acer Iconia A700 just because it is not having a gorilla glass. My brother has recently bought Acer Iconia A500 and it hasn’t got any scratches.

I have found the below products having Corning Gorilla Glass:

1. Acer Aspire Ethos
    2. Acer ICONIA Touchbook
    3. Acer ICONIA TAB W500
    4. Acer ICONIA TAB A500
    5. ACER ICONIA TAB A100
    6. Acer ICONIA SMART

So here I wanted to say that Acer ICONIA TAB A500 is having Corning Gorilla Glass but Acer Iconia A700 does not. if anyone has any doubt regarding the same then the can cross check it out at corninggorillaglass site.

I have checked about the same in below respected sites and have mentioned what they have posted regarding gorilla glass for Acer Iconia A700:
    zonanews1:
    A screen size 10-inch scratch-resistant coating coated Gorilla Glass
    Foxreal:
    10.1-inch Super IPS + LCD Gorilla Glass display with 1280x800 screen resolution
    So does that mean they are wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Iti View Post
    I am willing to get Acer Iconia A700 tablet but before that I want to confirm if it is having gorilla glass or not. I will get it if t is having a gorilla glass as I use my devices roughly but I don’t like to damage them as well. I just hate scratches screen, as Acer Iconia A700 is having larger screen I can’t take any future risk of spoiling it. I have checked about the same over the web but have got varying answers for it. so say that it is having a gorilla glass where as some say it doesn’t. So is there anyone who can confirm this out for me??
    i was ordering one and wanted to know too, i just got off chat with acer and was told it does have corning gorilla glass, it actually has gorilla glass 2 which is 20% thinner and just as strong, hope that helps