Thread: Is Mac Pro with 8-core Xeon E5 CPU and Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 releasing?

Is Mac Pro with 8-core Xeon E5 CPU and Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 releasing?

I recently read in a newspaper that Apple will launch Mac Pro with Xeon E5 CPU that of 8 cores along with thunderbolt and USB 3.0. But I don’t think that it is true. It must be some rumors that are being spread around on internet. Has anyone else to read or heard about it, is there any confirmation from Apple about it. If anybody ahs any information, can they share it with me?

Re: Is Mac Pro with 8-core Xeon E5 CPU and Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 releasing?

The articles or news that you read about Mac Pro that will come along with Xeon E5 processor that of six cores or maybe of eight cores. This Mac Pro will also provide native support for USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt. It will have 8 channels with memory of 1600 MHz. Along with it; it will also support SATA III/SAS 6-gigabyte-per-second drive connectivity and PCI-Express 3 native support for graphic cards in the system. They are built on base of Sandy Bridge micro architecture and will release in early March 2013. Like last year when Mac Book Air, Mac Book pro and iMac had launched with upgraded Ivy Bridge processors. But these Ivy Processors have bad voltage handling as compared o Sandy Bridge processors. This processor will also provide a good support for the SSDs with enhanced RAID arrays that will provide 40 lanes in every socket.

Re: Is Mac Pro with 8-core Xeon E5 CPU and Thunderbolt & USB 3.0 releasing?

If this news is true than I hope that Apple solves the problem of memory leak in Intel Xeon E5 processor. I had used this processor and the memory leak was so bad that I think running high end games and softwares will be hard. It seems that Apple is going to enhance the memory to frequency of 1600 MHz from old 1333 MHz processor available in previous versions of Mac Pros. Also the graphics that this Mac Pro will provide will be of high quality. This Mac Pros will be useful for tasks like video editing and other work related to graphic designing.