Thread: Right arrow key of Toshiba Satellite A205 stucked

Right arrow key of Toshiba Satellite A205 stucked

I have been using Toshiba Satellite A205 and I did not had any issue with the same but now the right arrow key of laptop had got stuck. I don’t know what’s wrong with the same it used to work sometime and some time not but now it is just not working at all. I just wanted to know I have to send the laptop for repair or even I can replace the key by some means?? Any ideas.

Re: Right arrow key of Toshiba Satellite A205 stucked

Yes you can very well repair or replace single keys and you really don’t need to replace the entire keyboard. Replacing a single key will cost you less than $5 say a fraction of the cost as compared to what you will have to pay for replacing the keyboard. You can visit the Laptop-key site and check out for replacement laptop keys and laptop key parts. I will suggest you to better get a Laptop Key Repair Kits from them, it will be delivered 2 days. You also get a free video illustrated guide for carrying out the task of replacing keyboard key. You really don’t need any technical skills, I have bought my Laptop Key Repair Kits from them and I have been using the same. I have really saved good money using it.

I agree to you upon that, it is not that difficult to replace the laptop keys. Even I was afraid of the same earlier when one of my laptop key had popped out but going through some tutorials I was able to fix it. You might find replacing the key cap and key retainer for the faulty key a bit difficulty. So if it is so then you can just try removing the key cap and leaving the key retainer connected. You just have to make sure that it is connected to the keyboard at four different points as there are possibilities that it might lose any of the point when you take it out. If you want then you can assemble the disconnected retainer as well you just have to connect it to the keyboard different points. So when you are done with the same then you just have to Put the key cap on the retainer and snap it. If you want to get a better idea of what I have explained then you can check out some tutorials like me, Just Google out “Replace Keyboard Key on Toshiba Satellite” and check out the video on youtube.

First off all I wanted to know what exact situation you are having?? If it is just stuck then you can take out the cap of the key and clean it underneath. You just have to check if there is something wrong with the retainer, if it is misplaced then you can place it properly again and put back the key cap. I don’t think you should have any issues in doing that. If the retainer has broken or something like that then you will have to get a new one. These are common issues and you don’t need any technical experience for solving it.

The key of the Toshiba Satellite A205 is a bit different, anyways you can follow the below steps for replacing it.
    This is how the key cap and hinge of Toshiba Satellite A205 will look like:

You have to fit the plastic hinge in to the metal keyboard hooks.

Make sure that the inner bottom edge of the hinge is placed properly on the keyboard base.

When you are done until here then just place the key on top and press down gently and make sure that corners of the key are fitting properly.

Hope that helps.