Thread: What is the cost of Sandisk 128GB 3.0 USB

What is the cost of Sandisk 128GB 3.0 USB

I found that sandisk just released a new 128GB USB 3.0 pen drive. What is the cost of the same. I tried to locate that on the official site of Sandisk but there was nothing mentioned about this new usb. I had asked a Sandisk vendor in my area who told that he will inquire and provide me information on the same. Does anyone notice this. According to me 128GB storage is awesome. I am right now using 8GB 3.0 USB of Kingston. The transfer rate is quiet good and happy with the performance.

Re: What is the cost of Sandisk 128GB 3.0 USB

I had seen this in a new published by Sandisk. It shows some usb with 128Gb capacity. I forgot the name of that model. The price that I saw last time was around $249.99. So that make the price between Rs. 10,.000 to 15,000 in India. It is far more costly compared to 8GB or 64GB 3.0 usb drive.

It is called as Cruzer Glide. This comes under extreme usb series. The usb is deigned to give more storage and ample of transfer rate on usb 3.0 interface. That does not means you can get the same on usb 2.0. It is good to find that Sandisk came up with a solution of high storage pen drive in the market. Surely this will be costly in the start but in coming time the same will be reduced. Yes USB 3.0 interface is not common. It might take more time to get a cheaper technology. Rightnow even I am using 8GB 3.0 USB which is good enough for day to day data transfer. I had never tried to go for 64GB or higher because it does not looks worth. If you carry a large amount data, and if the usb gets corrupted you might loose everything. It is not a sensible solution to keep your entire data inside the single usb stick. There are other more series of usb coming with the same. I am not sure about the actual release date. Once this is officially out you can notice the price difference after a few months.

This usb will appear next year. There are no chances that Sandisk might publish them this year. Anyhow I believe that this will be a good storage options for those who use usb frequently.

Cruzer Slide can be one of the highest capacity holding pen drive. But don't you think that the cost what is mentioned above is too high. This is the cost of new technology which we will pay. Second thing this will also put impact on the ssd market. I hope there will be fall in price once this type of high storage devices are common. So you have better option to store more data. To store hd videos, photos and lots of software. And the performance on usb 3.0 interface is already accepted by many. The last usb that I had used was 64GB. When I connected to my old XP laptop, it took a long time to open the explorer. The reason is that older interface takes more time read that much amount of data. So this are not meant for old system. Along with a new system you must have usb 3.0 interface on your system. Or else you will be frustrated to copy paste data from it an d into it. USB are the most portable solution to move your data from one place to another. It is recommended that you must carry it safely. It will be easier to loose a 128Gb storage device.

Yes I had tested that. I copied a 2Gb file from a 3.0 USB drive to a old desktop which took more than half hour. The best part of this drives are that they complete the process. Some of the older usb drives freezes and only after reboot I can back access.

Check the below link. Sandisk has already listed this usb on their site and when it will be available finally you can see the button where to buy. The item code for the same is SDCZ60-128G-A11. Till today the maximum storage you can find is 64GB. Not more than that. I hope Sandisk will give the final release date. It will be worth to go for such storage. Imagine carrying a entire bootable operating system on the usb along with all software installed inside it. You can see the image of pen drive on the below link. It looks like regular usb. I though Sandisk will make something different as it the 128GB storage and might be the first pen drive in this series. It must have some kind of steal look with different coating or stuff on it. This makes it look more unique. It looks like the same regular usb drive. You cannot even fascinate your friends showing up the 128GB usb.

http://sandisk.com/products/usb-flas...sb-flash-drive

I think you must ignore the design part. They made it robust so that you can carry it properly. I would appreciate if Sandisk releases this as soon as possible. Next year might be more late and before there can be people who would release the same type of usb.

There can be chances. Because companies like Kingston, corsair, hp might be working on this stuff. I tried to search on internet regarding 128GB usb drive but not able to locate any model. What I want that the tablets which are releasing in market should support external storage upto 128GB. They support maximum 32 GB. I am not talking about high end one but about mid range android tablet. It is would be better that you can stick a 128GB on tablets and enjoy tons of gaming and hd video. Also the tables comes with older usb interface. Upgrading them to 3.0 will make more difference.

Tablets are later part. First it is important that this type of usb must be common in the market. They are not cheap. They may cost you the price in which you can buy a tablet or portable laptop. I hope there will be fall in the price.