Thread: Acer Iconia A700 wifi speed is worst

Acer Iconia A700 wifi speed is worst

I have bought a Acer Iconia A700 and it works great but I am having issues with its wifi. The wifi works and it gets connected as well without any issues, I am not facing any connection dropout as well but the wifi is damn slow. It takes too much time for loading pages and downloading is worse. I have connected it to my home network and I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the same as other devices connected to it are just working fine. I think that there is something wrong with the wifi of the tablet but I am not sure about the same as I have not come across others facing this issue. So I just wanted to know if this issue is just in my case or there are others facing this issue as well. is there anything I can try out for now to make the wifi faster??

Re: Acer Iconia A700 wifi speed is worst

There might be something wrong with the wifi of the tablet but before coming to that point you should test out the network. If you are having several devices connected to your home network then you can try limiting them and connect your Acer Iconia A700. If that’s not making any difference then just to test out you can disconnect all the other devices and test out Iconia A700 only. Some isp have limit for the devices on their network so there are possibilities that you might have exceeded the limit because of which some newly added devices might be facing such issues. Just try out what I have suggested and post back what you find so that I can get a better idea of your case.

As I have already mentioned I am quite sure that there I no issue with the network and it is with the Acer Iconia A700 wifi. All the other devices are working fine and are able to grasp fast speed as well. After your suggestion I have tried limiting the devices on the network and have tried disconnecting them all as well but unfortunately that’s not making any difference. I have tried rebooting the tablet several times thinking it will work fine after that but no avail. This issue has not started suddenly and it’s there since the first day, I don’t think a tablet having “Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot” should work like that. Don’t you think the same?? Anyways is there anything else that I should check out or some solutions that I can try out further??? I just want to get it working somehow.

Have you tried doing a hard reset or Factory Data Reset, if not then give it a try and see if it is making any difference?

1. Hard reset:
      • First get a paperclip or similar object and recessed reset button which will be at the bottom.
    2. Factory Data Reset:
      • Go to the Software Menu and tap on Settings> Privacy tab> Tap on Factory Data Reset> Tap on Reset Tablet and then Tap on Erase for formatting the tablet.

Before trying out the Factory Data Reset make sure that you are backing up the crucial data from the tablet as your personal data will be erased.

I was facing similar issue with my galaxy note but I was able to find out the cause of the same. Actually in my case there were some applications running in the background that used to keep on syncing and because of that the wifi was running slow. Later when I turned them off then it started working fine and surfing and download speed were improved. I am not sure if you might be having the same case but you can check it out.