Thread: Sony Xperia U vs HTC One V

Sony Xperia U vs HTC One V

As i was planning to guy a smartphone for my younger brother, i have decided to go either with Sony Xperia U or HTC One V. These are the 2 i chose according to his needs such as multimedia, gaming and browsing. I checked their reviews on various sites but both seems to be the same in various aspects and having good reviews. But the problem now am having is am unable to chose the best among them. So i request you guys to please help me choose one and also let me know few important features that makes them best. Please light on aspects such as battery life, operating system, processor and all other things. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony Xperia U vs HTC One V

Yeah, you are correct. Both devices are nearly same with other, even in price. Lets have a look on each of them individually.

Sony Xperia U:
    Xperia U is an Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread based smartphone priced at 17400. It runs on powerful 1GHz dual-core processor, 512 MB of RAM and 8GB ROM that makes it really good for multitasking. There is a 5 megapixel camera, HSPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a 3.5 inch display with Mobile Bravia Engine. The new Xperia U is the "smallest" of the range of Sony Xperia NXT Series Mobile phones. Xperia U comes with built in 4GB memory. It also supports GSM GPRS / EDGE and UMTS / HSPA. The media player uses Sony's Xloud technology for better sound quality and dominated PlayNow and TrackID.

HTC One V
    It is the smallest and cheapest of the new HTC One series Smartphones. One V is a model with almost everything on it, but its not a top model. The display is less sharp if compared to other HTC devices. It has a 3.7 inch capacitive Touchscreen with resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. best part in this mobile you get a micro-USB connector on the side of the body. One V also having the same 5 megapixel camera as on the Xperia U.

For me both Smartphone are very good but as per my expereince i have seen bit problems with call sounds in Xperia Series. Also if we analyze HTC is rocking the markets these days. So, i'll suggest you to better go with HTC ONE V.

Re: Sony Xperia U vs HTC One V

I will go with the HTC one V because it looks great with its sleek design and also quite powerful with its features. The slightly curved edge at the bottom and the aluminum housing give the device a modern and solid look. In addition, the limited number of buttons on its body is one good part for me. As far as performance is concerned, the device comes with Android ICS and HTC Sense 4.0 that makes it pretty easy to use.The storage memory is somewhat limited with the standard built-in 4 GB. But it is expandable to 32 GB of memory on a micro-SD card. And HTC delivers about 25 GB of storage in the Cloud with. Incidentally the free Dropbox version gives 2 GB of storage. As with any cloud services have a connection to the Internet, preferably via Wi-Fi. All in all I am very positive about the HCT One V. i can vote for this if compared with Xepria U.