Thread: MSI EX465MX freezes randomly and does not turns off

MSI EX465MX freezes randomly and does not turns off

I am having MSI EX465MX and I have been running windows 7 on the same, I did not had any issues with it by now but since some days the laptop is freezing randomly. The freeze is so bad that I am not able to turn it off using the power button as well instead I have to take out the battery and turn it off. I don’t know what has gone wrong with it, I have checked about the same on the web and have not found any effective solution for solving this. Is there anyone who has an idea about this and can help me out as well??

Re: MSI EX465MX freezes randomly and does not turns off

That’s weird, I just wanted to know if it happens when you are running the laptop on battery or when plugged in for charging. If it is happening while plugging it to charging then there are possibilities that there might be some kind of power issue and you will have to get it checked. If it happens when laptop is on battery then you can try restoring the laptop to its factory setting and check out if that’s making any difference in your case. I am not sure if that would help but you can give it a try, for restoring the laptop to its factory setting you can follow below steps:
    1. Turn on your laptop Press "F3" repeatedly for entering "Windows Boot Manager." Once you get in it then use the arrow keys Highlight "Windows Setup [EMS Enabled]" and hit enter. Now you will get "System Recovery Option" dialog box so click on ok. When you get a prompt saying “your computer will be restored to its original factory settings” then click on ok again. You will also get a prompt saying “the hard drive will be formatted to begin the recovery process” so click on ok.
    2. When you are done with these things then you will be able to see the time remaining for the process. Just make sure that you are not interrupting the task until the process gets completed as the recovery process could take up to 45 minutes and so.

Your freezing issue is different from others, I mean I have come across number of people having freezing issue but they were able to turn their laptop off using the power button. I think there is something wrong with the hard disk that is being used, if possible then open it up and try using some other hard disk and cross check the response that you might be getting. If the other hard disk is working fine then you can try out basic solution like formatting the hard disk that is causing the freezing issue. Just make sure that you are backing up all the data in the hard disk before trying out that. You can first try out the solution that is mentioned in the first post, if that does not help then you can check out the hard disk itself.

I have already tried out the solution that you have mentioned for restoring the laptop to its factory setting but it has not helped. I have tried reinstalling the windows as well. These solutions are not making any difference in my case. I have tried checking out other hard disk in the laptop but I have got the same response for it. The freezing continues, I don’t think there is any issue with the power as it freezes no matter when it is plugged in to charging or not. Is there anything else that I can try out further rather than visiting the service center?? Further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

You seem to have tried out the possible solution, if you want then you can try out updating the bios and check out if you are getting any luck with it. If that does not help then there might be some issue with the motherboard. I don’t think there is anything else that you will be able to try out in such condition. If it would have been from the software end then restoring to factory defaults or reinstalling windows might have made difference. Since you have mentioned that those solutions have not helped I guess it to be because of hardware.