Thread: Need HP Pavilion DV4-2140US drivers

Need HP Pavilion DV4-2140US drivers

I am in a huge mess after the motherboard replacement of my HP Pavilion DV4-2140US laptop. I guess I shouldn’t have replaced the board, this is what now causing all the problems. Is there anyone who can help me out getting the drivers of this machine now, please?

Actually the problem started when I wasn’t able to get my laptop started. Still I do not have any idea why my laptop was not starting up properly. However I showed it to several peoples including the support center and all of the suggested me with the same solution of replacing the board. Initially I was not prepared for doing this but later on I understood that I had no option left but to get it replaced. Unaware of the further issues I simply switched to a new board and now everything is in front of you. I am not able to get the proper drive for this machine now. Tried hard to find them at every possible place but didn’t get it anywhere. So guys please help me and let me know what I should do now. There might be at least someone who have done the same thing as me and are in search of the same drivers. If yes, then here I am with the same requirement.

Re: Need HP Pavilion DV4-2140US drivers

I am not getting what exactly your problem is. Why aren’t you able to get the drivers for your laptop, I think you should easily get it from the official site of HP. There you need to put in your model number and I guess also the OS you are running into your machine that’s it, you will be automatically be displayed with necessary available driver of your model. I think you might have not researched or approached anyone properly for the drivers as for me I think drivers are the simplest thing to get in a laptop. Anyways click on the below given link then follow the instruction as provided and download the appropriate drivers. This link will directly take you to the place where you will get all the drivers for your laptop (DV4-2140US). So do not worry just click and then input the OS you are running that’s it, all the drivers is in front of you.

Drivers of HP Pavilion dv4-2140us

I don’t think these drivers are going to work, at least not in my case. I know I am being bit over confident but let me tell you that I have already tried them and found them nowhere working for my machine. I also know the reason for these drivers not working in my laptop. Actually the problem is that currently I am running a different board in my HP Pavilion DV4-2140US as even I suffered from the same scenario which the above friend went through. My problem was too huge for which I was told to replace the board, so I replaced it to Intel board without knowing that now I will have to search for another drives leaving behind the HP ones. Soon after the board replacement I easily got the HP drivers (I got them from the same place whose link you have mentioned above) but as said after the download they were not working in my system.

Same situation my friend, all the things in the system that requires a driver to run is not working at all. My USB ports are not working, then I am also getting the display sometimes in a weird appearance. Most importantly my webcam (this is why I bought the laptop) is also not working due to unavailability of a proper driver. at least you people are able to get your model identified by HP and also you are able to get the drivers for the laptop but when I enter the HP page I end up getting the name of some other model in place of my laptop. I mean, when I go to the HP site it actually refers my laptop as HP dv4-1220US instead of recognizing it as HP dv4-2140US. Come on guys, there might be someone who knows what to do after changing and replacing the motherboard of a HP DV4 laptop. Which is the exact place of getting the proper drivers? I have switched my motherboard from AMD to Intel.

Yes, you people are correct the drivers of HP won’t work at all in your laptops as all you people have changed your laptop’s motherboard which is obviously going to cause certain differences. Those HP drivers are meant for the HP machines that have their default system specs installed into them. As you have changed your board to intel you will have to visit Intel site for getting the drivers. Anyways I will guide you with the driver downloading, do not worry.

As you said none of your driver related hardware is working firstly will deal with the USB ports. For this you will have to download the intel chipset driver. Remember that you will get the Chipset driver from the intel download center. After installing reboot your machine. That’s it now your USB port will be working fine

Now for your webcam, it’s obvious that the webcam belongs to HP no matter what you change in your laptop. Until and unless you use an external webcam you have a HP webcam in your machine. Anyways, for your webcam you will get the driver from HERE.

That’s true; at least with the webcam I think you should not face any problem. I doubt whether you tried downloading the driver for your webcam. Might be after installing other drivers when you found them not working, you must have not even bothered to try your hands for the webcam. However it doesn’t matter, just click on that link and get your web too working fine. As according to the above instruction you are done with your USB port and webcam, now for getting your other hardware related drivers I have got a shortcut. You must be well aware of the Device manager of your computer. Just open that option; you will see the entire necessary and uninstalled driver listed there. Just click on them one by one and try to download the drivers automatically from internet. If not successfully done then you need to note down the Hardware ID of each item and try to search them on web.