Thread: Quick Launch Button of HDX16 not working properly

Quick Launch Button of HDX16 not working properly

I have recently bought a new HP HDX 16 and I have found that there is something wrong with the Quick Launch Button of it. It triggers the Bluetooth and wifi even when I am not touching the buttons. I don’t know what the issue all about is, can this be an hardware fault?? Is there anyone who has faced this issue and has an idea about it?? I will like to try out if there is any solution for solving this issue.

Re: Quick Launch Button of HDX16 not working properly

That seems to be quite weird, anyways I just wanted to know that have you tried out the basic workarounds like uninstalling and reinstalling quick launch software to see if it is making any change? If not then give it a try, if that does not help then try updating then try installing the updates for the other software’s and see if that’s helping. Just check out these things and let me know if the issue continues, I will try to help you with other possible solutions.

I have checked about this issue and have found many people facing the same, it appears as if this is an common issue. The solutions I have found over the web say update software, uninstall reinstall software, update bios, reinstalling windows, doing factory reset. I really don’t think that it is a better idea to try out all these things. Since you have mentioned that the laptop is very new you should better visit the service center and get it fixed or repaired by them. Some people have done the same as these solutions were not making any effect in their case. I would have suggested you a perfect fix if it was there. I have come across people who have mentioned that they have got it fixed from the service center so that seems to be a better idea.

I was facing the same issue with HP HDX X16-1140US Premium Notebook PC in my case. I was running the laptop on windows 7 and I was able to solve it out by installing latest HP Quick Launch Button software that is sp47275.exe [1/1, 24.56M]. You can check out for the same at hp site. This version is compatible with all the versions s if you want then you can try installing the same and check out if the issue is getting solved by that. If that does not help then you can very well visit the service center and get it checked. As far as I am aware it is not any kind of hardware faulty but it is due to software. Anyways just give it a try, it won’t take much of your time, Best of luck.

I am not sure if this will work or not but I have found mentioning that the same has worked out for him in similar case. Just try it out and let me know if it is actually helping.
    1. Go to start> run> type “msconfig” without the quotes and click on ok.
    2. Now when you get a new window then uncheck all the HP services from the startup and restart the laptop.

You can try out the below temporary solution as well:
    1. First reboot your system and Hit " F10 " during start-up/initialization after that Hit " F9 " after entering bios setting and hit enter.
    2. When you do so the Bios settings gets restored to its default settings, so after that Hit " F10 " to Save and Exit Bios settings.

I have been trying out the same and it is appearing to be working but the issue starts after some days. I don’t know how come it is doing that but it does help. I have been looking after a solution for the same but I have just found this one to be helping. I am currently trying out this solution after the issue starts appearing. If you want then you can try out the same as well. Hope that helps.

Hey guys this issue seems to be just with vista, if you are getting help from any of the solution mentioned here then well and good but if anyone is still having the same issue after all this then they can try installing windows 7. The same issue does not persist in windows 7. I am sure about this as I was facing the same issue with HP HDX X16-1320EB and I had tried out all the possible solutions mentioned here as well as other sire but unfortunately none of them had helped. I had contacted the hp support as well and they had suggested me to update the software, update the bios and so. Those solutions were really not helping me out even though some people had mentioned that updating the software had helped them. Later when I updated to windows 7 then the same issue did not occurred.