Thread: How to increase Nokia N8 alarm length

How to increase Nokia N8 alarm length

I have been a loyal customer to Nokia since years , have used many smartphones including recent Nokia 5800, Nokia E7, and now stuck with Nokia N8. This is also a great device without doubt. But i have a small problem with this. As everybody do, even i use it to wake me up at the morning but the problem is N8's alarm is not so effective. I mean it just last for maximum 60 seconds and that is not enough for waking me up. First i thought it could be due to the length of ringtone hence i kept an MP3 song that is of 5 mints duration. Still no success. So, am here to know if there is anyway we can extend the Alarm period in Nokia N8 ? Please help.

Re: How to increase Nokia N8 alarm length

Nope, there is no way to increase the Alarm ring period in N8 or any of the mobile phone (as far as i know). And as you said you had used many devices earlier, i dont think any mobile rings for more than 1 minute. But anyways, just as a tip, what you can do here is keep the snooze time as low as possible (hope you know what is snooze, it makes your mobile ring again after specific period of time).

By doing so your mobile will keep ringing unless you wake up or stop it manually. And yeah, dont forget to keep the most irritating sound as your alarm tone.

Re: How to increase Nokia N8 alarm length

Quote Originally Posted by Chang@IT View Post
    So, am here to know if there is anyway we can extend the Alarm period in Nokia N8 ? Please help.
    Alarms usually ring for max 60 seconds. If you dint stopped it in this period, it will go on Snooze mode and will ring again after 5 minutes. So, as you said 60 seconds are not enough for you to wake up, just try out this trick.

Set 2 or more alarm in the gap of 60 seconds.
    For example, 1st alarm @8.01 am and 2nd alarm @ 8.02 am.
    Now go to Clock > Options > Settings > Alarm snooze time and set the snooze time 1 minute.

Hope you understood what will be the result of doing this. This will make your mobile ring continuously without any break unless you stop it. It can ring for over 30 minutes non stop. This is exactly what you wanted, right ?