Thread: HP Pavilion dv4t-1000 internal battery error 601

HP Pavilion dv4t-1000 internal battery error 601

I am having HP Pavilion dv4t-1000 and it worked well by now but recently started receiving internal battery error 601 on startup. I have inspected the battery and it is appearing to be good but I don’t know if there is actually something wrong with it. The error message points out to the battery so there is definitely something wrong going on with it right?? Below is the actual message that I am getting:
    HP Battery Alert
    The system has detected the storage capacity of the battery stated below to be very low. For optimal performance, this battery may need to be replaced.
    Primary (internal) Battery (601)
    ENTER - Continue Startup
    For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.

Is there anyone aware of this and can help me out solving the same??

Re: HP Pavilion dv4t-1000 internal battery error 601

It seems there is something wrong with the battery, probably it might be dying. Just to check if there is anything like that try using some other similar laptop model battery and see if it is working fine there. I just wanted to know how long you have been using the laptop?? If it is under warranty then you contact the service center and check out what they have to say about that. You can ask then for replacement if possible.

Yes there is something wrong with the battery, I have checked out for the error code and have found this:

Error 601:
    This indicates that the primary battery has very low capacity. See Checking the Status of the Battery for details on using the HP Support Assistant to verify the battery capacity and, if necessary, order a replacement.

For checking battery using HP Support Assistant:
    Go to start > HP Support Assistant > Troubleshoot> Power, Thermal, and Mechanical. When you get the battery check option click on Battery Check and wait for the status. If you do not get the battery check option then Start HP Support Assistant> Maintain> and click on Refresh for activating maintenance tools. Once the refreshing processes gets completed then exit HP Support Assistant and Restart it and run the battery check.

For checking the battery using HP System Diagnostics you can try out the below steps:
    First Unplug power cord and turn off the laptop after that turn it on by pressing the power button and Press Esc key immediately.
    When you get the Start Up menu then Press F2 for selecting System Diagnostics, select Battery Test from diagnostic test list.
    Now Click Start Battery Test on “Battery Test page”, the process will take some time so wait until it comes up with a message along with a suggested action.

I have faced the same issue and have found a number of other people facing the same. Such errors are said to occur after using the battery for a long time, say more than three years and so. I don’t think that’s true as it occurred in my case just after 8 months, I have got it replaced since the warranty was for 1 year. I really don’t think there is any solution that you can try out for solving this error then replacing the battery. Some people have mentioned that clearing the cmos or replacing the cmos battery has helped them out in getting rid of the error message. Even I had tried out the same but it had not made any difference in my case. If you want then you can give it a try and see if it is actually helping. If it does not then better get the battery replaced, if you are not under warranty then you will have to get a new one.

Hey guys thanks for sharing those information, anyways I just wanted to know that should I replace the battery as soon as possible?? Like I have mentioned the battery is appearing to be working fine, it’s just that I am getting the error every time on startup. The battery life seems to have been affected as well but somehow it is working fine. Can this cause any serious issue to the laptop if I don’t change the battery?? My laptop is under warranty and I will have to get a new one, so I am thinking to get it after a month and so. What do you guys think?? What should I do?

Am not sure but I have heard that the error starts coming up when the battery life gets degraded by 30 percent. So if you want then you can wait for a month and so but it would be better if you get a new one soon. I don’t think it will effect the battery.