Thread: HP Folio 13 Ultrabook double-click finger gestures won’t work

HP Folio 13 Ultrabook double-click finger gestures won’t work

I am having HP Folio 13 Ultrabook and I have been using it from some months and it was working fine. Now I don’t know what has gone wrong with it and the double-click finger gesture is not working. Single click is working fine the issue is just with double-click gesture for getting right click. I just wanted to know if there’s anyone who has faced the same and has an idea whether it is a software issue or hardware?? I am not able to make out, if it is an software issue there is there any solution that I can try out for fixing it??

Re: HP Folio 13 Ultrabook double-click finger gestures won’t work

There are possibilities that it might be due to hardware issue but before coming to that point I just wanted to know if you have tried changing the settings of the software which might have came installed with the laptop?? If not then try out the same and see if that’s making any difference. If that does not help then you can try downloading and installing latest software of it. Just try it out and let me know the response you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with further possible solution.

The laptop has come with Synaptics ClickPad 8.1 software installed, I have tried out switching to all the possible settings but that’s not making any difference. I think Synaptics ClickPad 8.1 is the latest one, there has not been any update after that. I have checked about the same on the web and have come across other people facing such issues but there has not been an effective solution for fixing this by now. Are you aware of any other solution that might help?? I really want to get it work somehow else I will have to return it.

I have checked about the same and have found some people mentioning some settings that has helped them out. If you want then you can give them a try and find out if those solutions are helping you as well.

Changing Synaptics ClickPad settings:
    Open Synaptics ClickPad V8.1> Clicking section> and makes sure setting for "Two-Finger Click Action" is "Secondary Click (Context Menu, Special Drag)"

Changing ClickPad Settings setting from control panel:
    Start>Control Panel> Mouse> ClickPad tab> ClickPad Settings>and try adjusting those settings accordingly. You can click on help to get better idea of those settings.

I am not very sure if these things will work but you can definitely give it a try.

I just wanted to know that are you just Tapping two fingers or making a click. I think you have to click with two fingers rather than just tapping. Tapping with single finger will work but it won’t for double fingers. To get the right click you have to make click and not just tap. You can try leaving some space between two fingers and make a click, see if that’s working out for you. If that does not then there might be some issue with your touch pad. Even I am having a Folio 13 and I have not yet faced any issue like that when making a click using double fingers.

I have tried changing those settings and making changes in Synaptics ClickPad setting as well as from control panel as suggested by "Pette D Champ" but that’s not making any difference in my case. I have tried doing tap as well as click in the way "celestiall" has mentioned but even that did not helped. As I have mentioned touchpad was working fine before for single clicking as well as double but the same is not working anymore. I think there is something wrong with the touchpad I will better get it checked this week, until then if anyone is aware of any other solution then please share it here it will be very appreciative. Thanks in advance.