Thread: USB OTG cable for Sony Xperia Sola

USB OTG cable for Sony Xperia Sola

As my title suggests, i just want to get few details on the same. Couple of days ago i bought this smartphone and loved its all features. Now i doubt if there is OTA feature in the Xperia Sola. If it is there than why dint i got a USB OTA Cable in the box ? Anyways, if Xperia Sola is compatible with USB OTA please let me know which cable should i buy and from where can i buy ? Help appreciated.

Re: USB OTG cable for Sony Xperia Sola

Me too with the same question. Before buying the device, i saw in its commercial videos that he device is compatible with USB OTA. Though i dint got the cable with the device, i borrowed one from my friend and tried connecting my pen drive but it dint recognized. Am confused here with 2 options, either the cable is not compatible or Sola itself dont have OTA support. Need help from you guys on the same. Can you tell me if its compatible with OTA ? if yes, from where can i get the compatible OTA cable for Xperia Sola ?

Quote Originally Posted by KaIilAshhh View Post
    Me too with the same question. Before buying the device, i saw in its commercial videos that he device is compatible with USB OTA. Though i dint got the cable with the device, i borrowed one from my friend and tried connecting my pen drive but it dint recognized. Am confused here with 2 options, either the cable is not compatible or Sola itself dont have OTA support. Need help from you guys on the same. Can you tell me if its compatible with OTA ? if yes, from where can i get the compatible OTA cable for Xperia Sola ?
    The commercial you saw was correct dude. All Xperia mobiles released in 2011 and 2012 are compatible with USB OTA features but its true that sony wont provide the cable in the box along with the device. You need to buy it separately.

But the reason its not working in your Sola is little tricky. Experi mobiles released in this year (2012) needs to be rooted to make OTA work. So, just root your Xola and enjoy using USB OTA

Wow, that bit tricky but very useful info, Thanks a lot for sharing the same friend. I have rooted few devices in the past so i think i can do the same successfully with Sola as well if it doesn't requires different tricks. But anyways, you dint let us know from where can we buy the OTA cable for Sola. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopieee View Post
    But anyways, you dint let us know from where can we buy the OTA cable for Sola. Thanks again.
    Opps, sorry i forgot that. Those OTA Cables are available on various online shopping portal. You will need to search the same. I bought one from Amazon that cost me $11.98 but its worth. Just search this term in google "Micro-USB OTG Cable for Cell Phone and PDA". Hope you will get it.