Thread: Turn on or off GPS using NFC tags in Sony Xperia Sola

Turn on or off GPS using NFC tags in Sony Xperia Sola

hey guys, i have a very short query. Just yesterday i received my new Xperia Sola smartphone. I did all required settings and configuration. But the only thing am confused here is with its NFC Tags and GPS.

I mean i was for an option to turn OFF or On GPS using NFC tags but i dint found any such option in the Action list. I wasted too much time searching the same. I tried searching on the device's official page but there is no such info. Do you guys know how to do the same ? OR is there any problem with my device that is not showing up in the Action list ?

Re: Turn on or off GPS using NFC tags in Sony Xperia Sola

Yeah, thats correct. There is no Option to add GPS in the action list using NFC in Xperia Sola. I have done bit research on this because me too own one sola. Though i can see GPS On sign but i dont get any option to add GPS in the Select option. Anyways, you can try out some alternate third party apps to do the same. I am using 'Taskar' and 'NFC Retag Pro'. You can download any of these or both from Google Play store.

Quote Originally Posted by Dae-Ho View Post
    Yeah, thats correct. There is no Option to add GPS in the action list using NFC in Xperia Sola. I have done bit research on this because me too own one sola. Though i can see GPS On sign but i dont get any option to add GPS in the Select option. Anyways, you can try out some alternate third party apps to do the same. I am using 'Taskar' and 'NFC Retag Pro'. You can download any of these or both from Google Play store.
    Thats correct. There is no option to add GPS in action list. hence am using Taskar. Its effective with good features but it is paid, costs rs 350. So i';; suggest to better go with NFC ReTAG Free (there is pro also but free is even worth). NFC Retag Pro is also paid costing rs 105 but still for just testing people can go with the free version. It works.

hey guys thanks for starting this topic. I have similar problem with Sola's GPS. I dont have any concern with NFC Tags, actually am using GPS normally but it gets terminated automatically after every 20 to 30 minutes. I restored it to default factory settings but still the same problem. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by mAD!dOX View Post
    hey guys thanks for starting this topic. I have similar problem with Sola's GPS. I dont have any concern with NFC Tags, actually am using GPS normally but it gets terminated automatically after every 20 to 30 minutes. I restored it to default factory settings but still the same problem. Please help.
    Its surely a firmware problem. You should just try updating the firmware, the issue will be fixed. Just download PC Companion from here and go ahead. Let me know the results.