Thread: Unable to start Toshiba Satellite x205-s9359 and blank screen

Unable to start Toshiba Satellite x205-s9359 and blank screen

There is nothing which can give me a hint of what exactly is going wrong in my laptop. Till last morning everything was doing well but suddenly yesterday afternoon when I turned on my laptop nothing happened. I mean the laptop did start after that as far as I remember the screen remained blank wit no display at all. The reason I am being so sure is because the power on light glows up after I turn on the machine. The only thing that works is the LEDs that are present at the front of the machine. Let me explain in details.

When I turn on the laptop as I already said the display remains blank but the LED activity goes on, like firstly the obvious power LED lights up then AC adapter and the battery LED light up along with the power LED. Until here everything works fine but then after this when the hard disk LED flashes everything goes off and the process stops. After that as I said nothing happens and also I have not yet tried anything that would let me know the further things. Guys, help me out. I am nowhere technically good so please do not expect me to try any hardcore technical tricks. If you think the issue is too serious just let me know I will better take the laptop to the service center.

Re: Unable to start Toshiba Satellite x205-s9359 and blank screen

This is what exactly happens in my case too. I think there are few more things that happen internally that you didn’t explain here. About the LEDs everything is fine, they remains Lit all the time after the laptop is turned on but other than this the hard disk and the DVD drive do not remains the same (they do not behaves the same). When I turn on my Toshiba Satellite x205-s9359 initially everything happens the same as explained above after that the hard disk starts up (it spins), I can feel it spinning and also noise comes out. Then the spinning is followed by the DVD drive. Even the DVD drive spins. At this point of time all the LEDs including the power LED are lighted up along with all the drives spinning which always gives me a hope that the system will now start smoothly but suddenly after a while the fans that were rotating comes to a halt but all the LEDs remains lit without any affect on them. The laptop actually goes into the idle state.

I personally feel that the issue has something to do with the power supply. To make sure that you motherboard is not fried or it has no such related issue you can try to connect some extra additional hardware to your laptop so that you can at least be sure that the board’s USB ports are working fine and also providing a sufficient power and also getting enough power supply. Try to connect light and a heavy device.

If these external USB devices work fine then you can try your hands on running your laptop by connecting it to different possible sources. I am sure until now you must have only tried turning on your laptop with battery only but now try out the combination of both battery and AC power. Even if the battery is charged just connect your AC power to the laptop. Maybe your battery is failing to supply enough power to the laptop which is causing everything to stop leaving the LEDs working. If this does not work then try only AC power and lastly tried try with only battery.

Are you sure that you system turns on when you press the power button. If it is the case then I would point out the graphic cards of your laptop. Maybe the graphic card in your Toshiba satellite has not properly installed which is causing nothing to be displayed on your laptop’s screen. What you can do is try some other external monitor on your machine. At least you will get an idea whether it’s a monitor related issue or something else. If the external monitor at least displays something then as I said it’s your system’s graphic issue. After you connect an external monitor to your laptop press FN-F5, this will help you to switch to this external monitor. Let me know the result.

Try a system reset; this is the only option that I available with me to suggest. If you haven’t tried it then better do it at least once. In most of such common cases where the system does not turn on properly people do perform a system reset. If you come under that category then please try it. If you do not have any idea of system reset do not worry I will guide you with the steps.

• Firstly turn off your laptop then unplug the AC power if it’s attached to your laptop
    • After unplug the entire external source remove the battery of the machine
    • If removed, press and hold the power button at least for 25 to 30 seconds
    • Now insert the batter and also the AC power. Turn on the laptop

That’s it, if you are fortunately enough to see a Toshiba logo on your screen after you turn on your machine do not wait and miss the opportunity, press F2 button and then go to the BIOS setup. This is to get your setting to defaults, for this press F9 in the setup. At the end press F10, this will exit the BIOS setup. Now reboot your machine, hope everything will work fine now onwards.