Thread: Sony Xperia Sola SD card not listed when connected on windows 7 computer

Sony Xperia Sola SD card not listed when connected on windows 7 computer

I am using Sony Xperia Sola and I have bought the same recently, the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am connecting it to my computer running on windows 7 then the SD card of the phone is not getting detected. The internal Storage is appearing but SD card is missing. The SD card is getting detected by the phone, it is just not getting detected by my computer. Is there anything I can try out here?? Is this an issue with sd card or my system?? Any suggestion?

Re: Sony Xperia Sola SD card not listed when connected on windows 7 computer

As you have mentioned the sd card is getting detected by the phone I don’t think there might be anything wrong with the card. I just wanted to know what Device Manager is saying. Have you checked it out? If not then check out the same and let me know what you get there. As far as a workaround is concerned you cam doing a hard reset and then connect it to your computer and see if it is making any difference. If possible then try out using some other usb cable as well, I am not sure if that will make any difference but you can try that out for narrowing down the cause of the issue.

I have not checked out in device manager and I am able to see unknown device "Mass Storage" with sony VID. I have tried installing the driver but is says “cannot find”. I have tested out the sd card in other phones and it is working fine there and is getting detected when connected to the same system. I have checked out other sd card in the phone and have got the same response.The Internal Storage is getting listed as " Sony Xperia Sola " in the Explorer but I am not able to find external Storage anywhere. I have tried using other usb cables as well and have not got any help from them. Is there any solution that I can try out further???

Your issue seems to be weird, anyways I will suggest you to first back up the data of the sd card and format it using your computer by using it in some other phone. Once the card gets formatted insert the card in your Sony Xperia Sola and plug it to your computer and see if it is getting detected or not. If not then there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your phone and you will have to get it checked.

I think I can help you out here, actually I have come across one who was facing the same issue but was able to fix it out later. Generally the Mass Storage driver gets installed when you connect your phone to the computer but in your case it’s not. So here you will have to install it manually, you can get the driver for your Sony Xperia Sola from the below link.
    Xperia P, Xperia U, and Xperia sola drivers

You have to download and extract it somewhere and connect your phone to the computer. Now when you see unknown device "Mass Storage” with sony VID then right click on the same and select “update driver option” and choose update from specific location. After that you just have to point to the downloaded driver and it will install the Storage driver automatically. When you are done with the same then make sure that you are rebooting your computer. On reboot you can connect your phone and recheck if the sd card is getting detected now or not. Just try it out and post back what you get, if you have any further issues with it then feel free to ask.

Even I am having a Sony Xperia Sola and the sd card is getting detected by my computer without any such issues. I did not have to install the driver like that, I just have to connect my phone to the computer and it recognizes internal and external memory both. Hope you have selected USB connection mode in settings > Xperia > connectivity? And have enabled "Auto connect in MSC" option as well. Just recheck these setting and make sure that you are not missing anything. I also wanted to know if you are able to see Storage under Settings and "SD Card connected" in notifications. Just let me know these things for further help.

I have selected USB connection mode and "Auto connect in MSC" option is already enabled and eve after that I am not able to see the card getting recognized by the computer. I am able to see Storage under Settings and "SD Card connected" in notifications. I have tried scanning for hardware changes several times by going in to device manager but that’s not helping. I have tried installing the driver following the method you have mentioned and eve that’s not helping. The only difference I see is that unknown device "Mass Storage” has been changed to "Sony Ericsson sa0104 ADB Interface Driver". The issue is still the same even after trying out all the possible solutions that have been mentioned here. Now I am getting the feeling that there is something wrong with the phone.

You might be right but before coming to that conclusion I will suggest you to try connecting your phone to some other computer and check out the response that you are getting. I am not that sure but I think that there is something wrong in your system and not in your phone or not with the sd card. Just give it a try and let me know what you get.