Thread: Screen of Toshiba L670 flickers and then suddenly goes white

Screen of Toshiba L670 flickers and then suddenly goes white

Flickering is something that I notice all the time but it becomes more annoying when the system’s screen goes white wildly. There is not even a single day where I have been able to access my laptop with facing these issues. You know when I feel more irritating? It’s when I am too busy accessing internet or watching some video and suddenly the screen flickers and ultimately ends giving a white screen.

Until now the only way out I have found is to press the power button and let the laptop to go to sleep mode, after a while when I turn on the machine everything gets back to its normal position. But can’t say for how long the computer will work after performing the sleep mode trick. Sometimes it works just for a while whereas it goes for hours without any problem and sometimes unbelievably the computer run fine for the entire long day without the screen flickering or going white. Can anyone let me know what exactly is causing this issue? is there anyone who is having this same model laptop and facing the same problem? If yes, then may I know your current status?

Re: Screen of Toshiba L670 flickers and then suddenly goes white

Yeah you can surely know my personal experience with this laptop as I have the exact same issue of yours. My Toshiba L670 is just 6 months old and by the end of its 4th month I started getting this issue. Trust me I always use to take personal care of this laptop as this was my only source or doing business. Yes, you predicted it right. I am a businessman and I do all my business work on my laptop so obviously I am supposed to sit on my laptop for long hours (sometimes even for more than 12 hours). The laptop worked well for the first 4 months as I already said but then after that everything started. The screen started flickering then it used to go white all the way. However I didn’t kept quite, researched a lot about this issue and also consulted multiple people and at last I got the reason for the problem (still not sure whether the reason is valid, however I am working on it).

I understood that long time usage of the laptop was causing the problem. Actually, the machine used to get overheated due to especially when the laptop is turned on for a longer period of time. Just after the machine is overheated suddenly the issues used to come back again. Anyways now the case is that I can only use my machine for just a limited time period and I am also supposed turn off the laptop soon before it get overheated. This make the machine stay away from any screen flickering and white issue. I would follow this instruction until I get a proper workaround. Lets hope for the best.

I am not sure with overheating issue as I do not thing that overheating should cause such flickering issue but if using your machine only for a limited time span before it gets overheated works for you then its better you follow the same thing. in other cases using the laptop even for a few minutes shows up the same problem (obviously the machine cant get overheated after just few minutes of usage), so we cant say that overheating is the main problem. After reading out other related threads on internet I found that there are only two things that are however fixing this issue for the present time period as the issue can be rise again at any time with no prior warning. As already stated above, let your laptop to go to sleep mode and then again turning it on is the one suggestion that has worked a lot for people having this problem, then other than this completely turning off your laptop and the again switching it on can also play a trick. Also log off and then loging in back helps. If neither of them works then contacting the Toshiba support center is the only way left for you. Now, depends upon you which way you choose to get out of this problem.

Ctrl+Alt+Del works for me. Let me tell you whoever facing this issue can easily get out of it but only for a temporary while by just by turning off and turning on your laptop’s screen. If you check, all the above solutions somehow had to do something with the screen restarting. Do not get confused what to do, just remember that whenever your monitor’s screen showing a flickering behavior or if it shows any white screen you just restart your screen. In laptops turning off the screen is possible only by sending it to the sleep mode and so on. Your intention is to disturb the screen so that it will come back to the normal position. But remember nothing is going to solve the issue permanently.

It’s a total hardware failure issue. Not one or two, there are huge number of people who are facing this problem. Do you want your laptop to stay with this problem forever? If no, then better send it to the Tech support and ask them to get the problem solved by them. You have purchased the laptop and not the problem from Toshiba. Even if I suspect the hardware for the problem still I will like to suggest you to perform a full recovery so that if in case the problem persist in the software it would be eliminated easily but even after a full recovery the problem do not go then send it to Toshiba and either get it repaired or replaced from them.