Thread: Need Portege R705-P25 webcam driver

Need Portege R705-P25 webcam driver

I have been using Toshiba Portege R705-P25 and it was working fine by now and I did not had any issues with the same. I don’t know what has went wrong with it suddenly and now the webcam is not working. The webcam used to get detected sometime and not every time previously but now it is just not working. I have asked about it to some of my friend and they have suggested me to update the driver for the webcam. I have tried installing the driver from device manger but I am not able to find out the driver for it. Is there anyone else out here who has faced the same?? Can anyone help me out with this??

Re: Need Portege R705-P25 webcam driver

You can download the webcam driver from Toshiba site and install the same manually in your system. If you want then you can go in to 'configure a device' and try troubleshooting. If you don’t get any help from the same then you should check out the BIOS as well. Just check out what I have mentioned and let me know the response you get so that I can have complete idea of the issue that you are facing.

After your suggestion I have tried troubleshooting this issue by going into 'configure a device' but that not helping. When I am trying to open webcam then it says “webcam initialization failed”. I don’t know if it is a software issue or software, what do you think about this now?? I have checked out the bios and the web cam appears to be detected there, it is appearing in the device manager as well. I am really running out of ideas now and I want to get it working somehow. Is there anything I can try out further??? Can anyone find out the Toshiba Portege R705-P25 webcam driver for me?? Further help regarding this will be appreciative.

I have checked about the same and have found Toshiba Web Camera Application on Toshiba site only:
    • Version: 1.1.2.13
    • Size: 30,185,328 bytes
    • Posted: 06/21/10
    • Released Date: 04/30/10
    • Applicable Categories: Application, Camera, Driver
    • Operating System: Windows 7 (32bit), Windows 7 (64bit), Windows XP SP2/SP3

You can download it from here. It is supported by your laptop as well, just download and install the same manually and see if the issue is getting fixed.
    Content Details

If there is a software issue then updating the driver should help you out. If updating the driver or installing the Toshiba Web Camera Application is not helping then there are possibilities that there is some kind of hardware fault with your webcam because of which it is not getting recognized. If it is so then you will have to get your laptop checked or repaired, I don’t think there is anything else that you will be able to try out further rather than visiting the service center and getting it fixed. Since you have mentioned that it used to get detected sometime and not every time I think there might have been loose connection. Now when it is not working the webcam might have got faulty because of that. Anyways as suggested just try installing Toshiba Web Camera Application and post back the result you get.