Thread: Toshiba Qosmio x505 error code 28 and unknown device doesn't have driver

Toshiba Qosmio x505 error code 28 and unknown device doesn't have driver

I have installed windows 7 on my Toshiba Qosmio x505 and have installed all the required drivers as well. The problem is that when I am opening Devices and Printers then I am informed for troubleshooting the system. When I try to install the driver for the unknown device then it says no driver found, I really don’t know if I really need the driver or not as I am not having any issues with the same. Since I have installed all the required drivers I want to install driver for the unknown device as well. Is there anyone who can help me find out to which hardware is the driver related?? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba Qosmio x505 error code 28 and unknown device doesn't have driver

You need to provide some more information about the driver. If you have followed the troubleshooting process then can you post a screen short of the troubleshooting report that you might be getting or the device information that might be addressed? It will give me a better idea of the issue you are facing, I also wanted to know from where you have tried installing the driver?? Are you using driver cd or you have tried installing it from web?? If you have not tried installing it from windows update then try out the same and let me know what you get. You should also install all the recommended updates via windows update. Just try it out and let me know if that helps.

If you are getting the below error message:
    "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)", then you can follow the troubleshooting:
    1. First restart your computer, if there is a fluke with Device Manager or bios then a reboot will definitely fix it out
    2. Remove and reconfigure the device for which the error is getting popped
    3. Roll back the driver version of the device if you are getting the error after updating it
    4. Try installing the latest driver from manufacturer site.
      If these things do not help then you can try installing Latest Windows service pack. Since the service packs are updated regularly one of the latest one will be having a fix for Code 28 error.

In that case I will like to inform you that I have tried installing the driver for the unknown device several times using driver cd as well as windows update. It just says “cannot find the driver” I see it missing in the device manager everything else is installed. Here is the information of the device from trouble shooting report.
    ID: ACPI\QCIO71\2&DABA3FF1
    ERROR CODE: 28
    Just check it out and let me know if you are aware of the missing driver.

I have checked about the same and have found that this driver is related to BIOS. It is "Generic IO Memory" driver that belongs to Toshiba HW Setup program. If you want to download the driver for it then you can refer the below site.
    Qosmio X505-Q896
    Model Content Page
    You just have to download it, save it to the desktop, extract it there in a folder. After that start the driver installation process via troubleshooting and point to the downloaded file. When the installation gets completed the unknown device should be named as Generic IO Memory. If it is not getting installed from there then you can try installing the same from device manager. Just try out what I have suggested and let me know if the issue is getting solved. If you have any further issues with the same then feel free to ask.