Thread: Sony Xperia Sola Battery Life is very poor

Sony Xperia Sola Battery Life is very poor

I have bought Sony Xperia Sola Battery and I am really not happy with its battery life. Even when I am using the phone normally it just lasts for 14 hours and after that I have to charge it again. I am not sure if this is an issue I my phone or others are facing the same. Is there anyone having an idea about this??

Re: Sony Xperia Sola Battery Life is very poor

You can try repairing your phones software via PC Companion. It is software basically for Sony Xperia which for carrying out the below tasks:
    • Updating phone software
    • Managing contacts and calendar
    • Backing up and restoring phone content
    • Adding more applications
    • Managing media management with Media Go

System requirement of PC Companion
    • Internet broadband connection
    • Intel Pentium 4, 3.6 GHz or equivalent AMD processor
    • 500 MB free hard disk space
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 1 available USB 2.0 port and USB cable
    • Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows 7 (32/64 bit)

You can Download PC Companion from the below link:
    Download PC Companion
    After downloading the same just run the exe file and follow the instructions

I have tried using PC Companion and have updated the software of the phone to -6.0.b.1.564 and I am still not having any luck with the same. I try using the phone as less as I can and I hardly use power consuming applications. Is there anything I can try out?? I have checked about the same on the web and have found some people mentioning that they are able to use the phone all day long even after playing games and using power consuming applications. Does that mean there is something wrong with my phone?

A number of people have been complaining about poor battery life when it comes to android devices. I think that depends on the usage until there is something wrong with the phone. You can follow the below tips for saving the battery to much extent, just try out the same and see if it is helping you out.
    1. Charging the phone: Android phones needs to be charged almost every day no matter how you use it. One should charge their phones when the battery gets drained completely and needs charging.
    2. Screen Brightness: You should lower the brightness on your mobile phone, set screen timeout. As far as the brightness is concerned you should set it to medium and not high where as you should set the screen timeout for 10 or 15 seconds.
    3. Background: You should not set wallpaper that is power demanding, you can set some dark wallpapers or the ones that will look good and consume less power.
    4. GPS & Wi Fi: You should turn on the GPS & Wi Fi and wifi when not in use as they consumes a hard amount of processor memory and battery.
    5. Wireless Radio & 3G: if you are using 3G or 4G networks then you can switch to GSM mode network or dual mode network when you don’t use 3G services. These 3G or 4G networks consumes more battery sue to their faster connectivity.
    6. Turning off applications: There might be some apps that runs continuously so just make sure that you are killing them when they are not in use.
    7. Disabling applications that Sync Constantly: There are some applications which keep on updating and sync for eg the built in email application. If you are having sync settings available then you can set it to sync after hour and so. You should do the same for most common apps like Twitter and Facebook.
    Other than this you can use app named as Any Cut and Juice Defender for getting better battery performance with power control.