Thread: Sony Xperia Sola MT27i wifi connection drops

Sony Xperia Sola MT27i wifi connection drops

I own a Sony Xperia Sola MT27i and I have bought it recently. It is working fine but then I am having issues with wifi. It is connecting fine to my home network but does not stays connected even when the signal is high. I have tried using other phones and I am not having any such issues with the same. They are connecting and staying connected until I disconnect them. I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with my home network but then it is with the phone. Is there anything I can do about this?? Any suggestion?

Re: Sony Xperia Sola MT27i wifi connection drops

I just wanted to know that have you tried out basic solution like resetting the phone or the router itself. if not then give it a try and see if the issue is getting solved. If you still face the same issue then you can try out repairing your phones software using PC Companion. It is software for Sony Xperia which helps in Updating phone software, Managing contacts and calendar, Managing media management with Media Go, Backing up and restoring phone content and Adding more applications. Your system should have the below things for using it.
    • Internet broadband connection
    • Intel Pentium 4, 3.6 GHz or equivalent AMD processor
    • 500 MB free hard disk space
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 1 available USB 2.0 port and USB cable
    • Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows 7 (32/64 bit)

Download PC Companion from here, run the exe file and follow the instructions that popups.

I had tried out resetting the router, resetting the phone previously. I had also tried limiting the device on the home network but it was of not any use. The connection still drops after sometime, after your suggestion I have tried using PC Companion and it says that I am having the latest software that is 6.0.B.1.564. I have tried updating the firmware of the router as well thinking it will make some difference but I did not got any help from that as well. There’s nothing wrong with the home network but it is with the phone, is there anything else that I can try out further???

You can try checking out the below router settings and see if they are making any difference in your case or not.
    • Network mode/ speed: If it is set to b,g or n then set it to auto or mixed mode.
    • SSID and password: Make sure that they don’t have any special or extended characters.
    • DHCP: Make sure it is turned on. If you are not getting any help after turning on DHCP then you can set a static IP
    • Mac-Filter: if your router is having Mac-Filter then turn it off.
    • Channel: Try using preferable 11 or lower channel, If you are not aware of the available channel then you can use Wifi Analyzer to find out the same.

If you still face the same issue after making above changes then there is surely something wrong with the phone and you should better get it checked.

Repairing the software should have helped you out but as it is not making any difference in your case, I don’t think there is anything else you will be able to try out on your own rather than waiting for the next update or visiting the nearest service center and getting it checked. If you want then you can contact Sony support and talk about the issue along with the solutions that you have tried so far. Since there has been a no of issues going on with Sony Xperia Sola, there are possibilities they might be aware of the same and would have come up with a solution for it. Best of luck.