Thread: Sony Xperia Sola lagging bug

Sony Xperia Sola lagging bug

I am having a Sony Xperia Sola and it has been just a week since I have bought it. I am not very sure but I think that I have come across a bug, I mean I have found that when I plug the phone in charging then the touch response starts lagging. It happens when the phone is kept for charging, it works fine when I use it without plugging it to charging. I wanted to know if this is a bug or it is just an issue in my case.

Re: Sony Xperia Sola lagging bug

I am not sure if this is a bug or some kind of fault in your phone but I have come across other people facing the same issue with Sony Xperia Sola. Some have mentioned that playing game is quite difficult due to poor response of touch while charging the phone. Anyways can you just try connecting it to some other socket or using some other charger. You can also connect the phone to your computer using usb and find out if you are getting same response there as well. If you face the same then better contact Sony support and address them the issue along with the workarounds that you have tried and check out what they have to say about it. If it would be a bug then they might be aware of it and will help you out.

I have tried using different charger and have tried connecting phone to the computer using usb as well and I am getting the same response. The screen touch response starts lagging just after I plug it in to charging, I have tried connecting the charger to different sockets at my place thinking there might be some issue with earthing and so but I have not got any luck. I have contacted the Sony support and they said that they are not able to reproduce the issue at their side but are aware of it as some other people have reported the same. They said that they are investigating on this issue and will contact me with a solution for it, if I am not willing to wait then I can get my phone checked or replaced from their nearest service center.

I have faced the same issue with my htc phone and I will like to inform you that this is an hardware issue. The touch response used to get poor when i used to plug the phone in charging. I was not able to play games, type messages, browse internet properly. Some people had suggested me that it is because of improper outlet but I am having proper earthing at my place. I had tried out basic solutions like doing a hard reset several times, changing the charger but these things were not making any difference. Later I simply visited the service center and got it replaced as they were able to reproduce the same issue with my phone at their center. I will suggest you to do the same, I really don’t think that this is a software bug but it is some kind of hardware issue.

I completely agree to you on that, if it would have been a software bug then most of the people would have faced the same. Even I have recently bought a Sony Xperia Sola and luckily I am not having any issue like that, I can carry out all my task properly even when the phone is plugged to charging. It works fine when I am charging it from Sony charger or via usb from my computer. There is really something wrong with your phone if it is not due to earthing. Better visit the service center and see if their technicians are able to reproduce the same or not.

As far as a workaround is concerned you can try out repairing the software via PC Companion. If you are not aware of the same then I will like to inform you that PC Companion acts as a portal to Sony Xperia and operator features where one can update the software, manage contacts and calendar, create backup and restore etc. you can also add more applications. You just have to make sure that your system is having the below things:
    • Internet broadband connection
    • Intel Pentium 4, 3.6 GHz or equivalent AMD processor
    • 500 MB free hard disk space
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 1 available USB 2.0 port and USB cable
    • Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows 7 (32/64 bit)

You can download it from here and run the exe file and follow the coming instructions.