Thread: GPS connection automatically terminates in Sony Xperia Sola

GPS connection automatically terminates in Sony Xperia Sola

I have recently bought a Sony Xperia Sola and the problem that I am facing with the same is that the GPS connection automatically terminates after some time. It does not stays stable, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I thought this issue was from the isp side but when I am using the same sim card in some other phone then the GPS is working fine there. I think there is something wrong with the phone but I am not sure about the same since it is quite new. Is there anything that I can try out to get the gps working??

Re: GPS connection automatically terminates in Sony Xperia Sola

The Sony Xperia Sola seems to be full of bugs, I have come across a number of people facing different issues. Your issue is quite new to me, anyways I just wanted to know that are you having this issue just with the gps?? Or you face network drop down as well?? What is the software version of your phone?? Just let me know these things so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with possible solutions. Other than this let me know the solutions you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same in further workarounds.

I am having this issue mostly when using gps, I do face network drop outs but that is random. The software version of the phone is 6.0.B.1.564, I have not tried out much solutions by now as I don’t know what to do in this case. I have just tried out hard resetting the phone several times and have not got any luck with it. I have tested out the phone with different sim cards from different network providers and have got the same response. Is there anything else that I can try out rather than visiting the service center simply and getting it replaced?

I am not very sure if this will work or not but if you want then you can try out repairing your phones software using PC Companion. PC Companion acts as a portal to Sony Xperia and its operator features. It helps in carrying out the below tasks:
    1. Updating phone software
    2. Managing contacts and calendar
    3. Managing media management with Media Go
    4. Backing up and restoring phone content
    5. Adding more applications

The system requirement of PC Companion software is as followed:
    • Internet broadband connection
    • Intel Pentium 4, 3.6 GHz or equivalent AMD processor
    • 500 MB free hard disk space
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 1 available USB 2.0 port and USB cable
    • Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (32 bit), Vista (32/64 bit) or Windows 7 (32/64 bit)

You can download PC Companion from here, after downloading it just run the exe file and follow the instructions further.

I thought I am the only one facing this issue with Sony Xperia Sola. I have reached this thread while looking after a solution for the same issue. I have not yet found any effective solution for the same, I have tried using different sim cards but the issue still exists. I have contacted my network provider and they said that there is nothing wrong from their side. I have contacted Sony support and as usual got the same response from them saying “we are aware of the issue but we have not been able to reproduce the same issue at their end”, I really don’t know what to do. I have tried out the possible solution that I could have but have not got any luck with them. I just wanted to know that will it be fixed with the ICS update???