Thread: PR 1.2 update still not available for my Nokia N9

PR 1.2 update still not available for my Nokia N9

Am using this smartphone since a long time. Its working fine, no problem but recently i heard that Nokia has released and update PR1.2.30.2012.07 for N9. I connected my N9 with Ovi Suite, tried to update the software, suite scanned for available updates and shows me that there is no update available for my device. At present its running on PR1.1, but there is official announcement of the release of PR1.2. Dont know why am not getting the same.

Do you guys have any idea what could be the problem behind this ? As per me I think that update has been released over a month and half and may be because my phone is Unbranded and unlocked am not getting that update. Is it so ? Please help.

Re: PR 1.2 update still not available for my Nokia N9

unlocking or unbranding would not be the possible cause for this. The only reason i guess you dint got this update is because all these updates reach world wide region by region. And as of now it wont be available for your region hence your Ovi Suite is not showing it up. I am based in UK, and i already updated my N9 to PR1.2.

Anyway, you should be happy that you dint got it because am (dont know if am alone or there are more people) facing few problems since i update to this version. For example, since update whenever i get any new message, the notifications shows me that i have received a message but there is nothing in my inbox. Other problems that occurred is with twitter. It no more notify me about any tweet if my screen is lock (FYI i get FB notifications even in locked screen).

I got the update as well and for those who don’t know the update is already available in the NAVIFIRM. I would also like to say that though my is no more allowing me to make video calls but rest of the things are improved and running faster than before. Other thing that I noticed is that installing certificate from the security option available on the setting is not working. If you too have this problem after updating to PR1.2 than you may have to use the file manager instead.

But I guess the ne wupdate is worth installing because you get few interesting features such as:

• The camera and the gallery will be added with some new feature
    • There will be a new folder for application on the Home screen
    • And the best of all is now we can get Copy/paste option on brackets

Even I have to know something from you guys, hope I get the proper answer. I am living in the Poland and my parent gave me this phone. I got the update notification but that was PR 1.1 39-4. I don’t know why I am not eligible for PR 1.2 update. Any ways I decided to install that update, I did it and it got done successfully. After doing that when I rechecked for the update again in the hope of PR 1.2 update, this time it shows that I don’t have any update available. I tried checking the same via OTA, yet the same result. I can understand that after been 2 month of the release the update is still not available in my region but is there any one here can be able to tell me when is it going to be available here ?

Well buddy, availability of any software updates depends on your operator and the Nokia itself. It will be good if you get in touch with the Nokia care of your region and ask them about the PR1 update’s availability for your region. Nokia may release the update but your operator need to test it in spite of your phone is locked or unlocked , the phone is configured to used the operator so they have to approve it first then you will be getting it . That is the reason that many people not yet received the update.