Thread: Sony Xperia Sola unable to detect SD card

Sony Xperia Sola unable to detect SD card

I have bought Sony Xperia Sola and today when I bought a 8 gb sd card for the same then I don’t know why it is not recognizing it. I a quite sure there is nothing wrong with the sd card as it is getting recognize in other phones without any issues. Does that mean there is something wrong with my phone?? What do you guys think about the same?

Re: Sony Xperia Sola unable to detect SD card

There are possibilities that there might be something wrong with your phone but there can be incompatibility issues as well. I will suggest you to first plug the card in some other phone and connect it to your system. After that when the card gets recognized by your system then right click on it and format the sd card. When you are done with the same then insert the card in your Sony Xperia Sola and see if the card is getting recognized. Just check it out and let me know what you get.

If you want then you can try hard resetting and restoring the phone to its factory setting and see if the issue is getting solved.
    • Hard reset- press and hold power button & volume up at the same time until it turns on.
    • Restoring phone to its factory setting- First just tap menu >tap Settings > Privacy> Factory data reset>Tap Reset phone> tap Erase everything.

Just give it a try to these solutions and see if any one of them is helping you out.

So now I have tried formatting the sd card using my computer, hard reset and restoring the phone as well and have not got any help from it. I have tried testing out the phone with other sd card as well and I am getting same response from them. Is there anything that I can try out further? I guess there is something wrong with the phone itself but I am not sure as it is a new phone?? If you say it can be due to incompatibility issue then will you let me know some compatible card, so that I can test them out and find out if there is actually an incompatibility issue or there is something wrong in my phone??

The best compatible cards will be Sony sd card. If you are able to borrow or arrange the same then you will be able to actually find out what’s wrong. If those cards are not getting recognized then there is surely something wrong with the phone and you will have to get it checked.

I have checked regarding the same and have found that there are some other people facing the same as well. I think that there is some issue with the phone and not the cards. You can very well try out the solutions that are mentioned here but if they are not helping then get your phone checked or replaced. I don’t think that there might be any further solution that you will be able to try out on your own.