Thread: LED Notifications for sms and email notifications in HTC Trophy

LED Notifications for sms and email notifications in HTC Trophy

I want help to find certain apps that can help me to modify the LED notification of HTC Trophy. Yet there are no settings provided to control that. I want to make the led light respond on email and sms. Is this possible. I had tried to find some hacks for the same on other forums, but they do not have tool for this. HTC Trophy works on Windows Phone OS 7. I tried to find a similar app on marketplace, but nothing found. Thanks.

Re: LED Notifications for sms and email notifications in HTC Trophy

No there is no app for that. And if this is a Windows phone the you might never get that. I had posted a similar query on many forums. Also on this who develop custom apps for Windows phone. I asked them to provide me a app that can help me to control the back light based on notification. The more I can get is a better app to change the audio for this thing. There is no worth trying it. I am sure that if this phone has android someone has tried to build app like that. No phone yet in the market has option to manage LED's on the base requirement. They work on default instructions of phone only. So mostly to make it work you will need to overwrite custom rom on your phone. Then only I think you can do stuff. I am not sure a small applications will be able to manage it. This actually a standard feature that all phones must have or there should be some kind of separate light which must blink only on notification. In that way we can keep the phone on silent and also do not miss any important message. I hope windows might give any kink of updated in the coming time for this.

I had already searched the entire marketplace for this. They not added any application for that. But there are some easy notification apps that you can use. They turn your screen on when any of those mails or sms is received.

That is actually a default feature. You do not need a app for that. It is right that for LED notification you will need to rewrite the phone rom or need any app that can manage the phone hardware. I am looking for a app like Handcent SMS. This app only comes for Android phone. The LED screen of your phone changes color as new notification are available. In the settings you just need to setup your favorite color. It is very easy app and work smoothly. I am planning to sell my windows phone and get a android. Phone like Samsung Galaxy S3. Compared to this phone, Windows phone looks low on feature. The most important part lies under customization. Also many apps on Windows marketplace are chargeable and Windows does not look to work hardware on giving free apps to users.

Somehow it is possible in iPhone. Because I had see app that can manage the iPhone screen. Above that on Windows phone this is not possible. In my views it is recommended that you must switch your phone Android. Because Android has a app called as Light Flow Lite. This app is very unique.

I found that some forums has mod for that HTC HD75. But I am not sure that this will work on Trophy. This is a LED indicator app that can help you to change he notification status based on your mails and sms. I tried to find download that application. But not found anywhere, nor those people had given the exact name. So that can be a good sign, that there are people who are working on such application. The reason there are not dedicated applications is many Windows phone do not come with LED notification lights.