Thread: Will iPad 1G support IOS 6?

Will iPad 1G support IOS 6?

I know asking this is completely useless but my main intension is to know how many people are having the same question going around in their mind. I have an iPad 1st generation with me from past 3 years and I was really impressed with this device and also the support that I got from Apple. Apple used to update us every month with some of the other new features or something that used to keep us enjoying this device but now it seems like apple is nowhere interested to even look at the iPad 1s users. Trust me my iPad 1G until now have never created any issue not even it had any hardware issue. That’s the reason I never purchased or went for some other apple device but unfortunately from past few months apple has been ignoring us badly which I am not liking at all.

Anyways after I heard about their new OS version iOS 6 I thought at least this might have meant for my iPad 1G device but seems like it won’t give any support. But I still want to confirm it from any of the genuine apple user. So guys are there anyone who have the entire information about the supporting devices of iOS 6 mainly I want to know about iPad 1G. Also want to know your opinion about this issue, please do comment and let know what do you think about iPad 1G and iOS 6 supports?

Re: Will iPad 1G support IOS 6?

To short and clear let me tell you that your device is nowhere available in the lists of apple devices that would support the latest operating system iOS 6. I would reveal the lists of devices that are supportable with iOS 6; iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, and iPod touch 4G. That’s it, other than the above mentioned devices there is no more apple products that is going to support iOS 6. I am not disappointed but I do want to know the reason why apple haven’t added iPad 1 in the lineup iPad 2 is in the support list of iOS 6. As far as I know iPad 1 is nowhere different from the above listed phones and tablets. I am fortunately enough that I have iPad 2 with me and not iPad 1. There might be some solution for iPad 1 users to get iOS 6 supportable in it. Better wait for a while and let iOS 6 spread quite well and then contact Apple Support regarding the same.

It’s not that apple is not providing the iOS 6 support only to the older devices, if you not aware then let me tell you that iPod touch 3rd generation comes under the same category. Everyone can understand about iPad 1G but what about iPod Touch 3G, as far as I know it doesn’t comes under old device’s list and also both these devices share almost the same hardware other than few supported hardware then why there is no support for them.

When researched about this topic I didn’t find anything but only some limited information that I mentioned above. most interesting when I search for a proper solution to get iOS 6 for the iPad 1G and iPod Touch 3G user, it’s says that either I will have to upgrade the device to something else or stay with existing OS.

Do not worry my friend, if you do not get anything just leave it and believe that something better is waiting for your device. I would love to make you happy by providing some drawbacks and limitations of iOS 6 that would definitely not go to make the compatible users happy.

You know even the devices that are going to support iOS 6 has got some features that are unsupportable. I mean to say that if you certain features are available for iPhone 4 they might not be compatible for iPad. I am not sure about all the features but I would definitely help you to let know about the features and their supporting device.

Starting with Siri, the supporting iOS 6 devices are iPhone 4S and iPad 3, no other iOS 6 compatible device is supportable. Flyover and Turn by Turn Nav is supported iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPad 3 and rest other devices wont be able to get this app. The case is not the same with all the application. There are some applications that are supported in all the iOS 6 compatible devices. Some of the universal apps are VIP List and offline Reading List. The phone that is much under discussion is iPhone 3GS, they say that most of the applications are not at all working in this device with iOS 6 and then comes iPhone 4 which has least features that would be supportable but iPhone 4S seems to be the best and the most compatible with almost all the app. But what so ever the case maybe I am sure iOS 6 is going to rock.

I don’t have any issue with whatever apple is doing because I am however going to buy a new iPhone next month. In fact I am very happy that at least they informed us about the release of iOS 6. And trust me I am really fortunately to be a part of these threads as I got to know many unknown information about the compatibility of Apple devices and iOS 6. I was already in a plan to go for iPad 1 but now, no to this device! This suggestion was given by my brother (complete flop idea). However, now I would go for iPhone 4S because nothing seems to be doing well with iOS 6. I don’t want to take any risk, it’s better to listen to the above instruction and buy an iPhone 4S.

If you haven’t bought any phones yet I would suggest you to wait for some month. Trust me you won’t be upset, I am sure you will end up getting a better device. I am not sure but I guess within next 3 months apple is going to come up with a new version of iPhone 4 and if you prefer to buy a iPad, you can also get a brand new latest iPad after these 3 to 4 months of time span. I read that the new iPad is going be almost the same as iPad 2. But design wise it is going to be quite heavier than iPad 2 due to the battery size.