Thread: After upgrading android tablet, other user sees green screen on skype video call

After upgrading android tablet, other user sees green screen on skype video call

I really can’t understand whom should I blame, whether it’s the skype issue or the android update that I made on my android tablet. Actually before the update everything was running smoothly but after I made the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 update don’t know for what reason suddenly on my skype app got hampered badly, and more interestingly only the video call is affected and rest everything is fine.

Before updating to ICS I was on 2.3.04 gingerbread which was working well and fine but just for a trial purpose I switched on to ICS unknowing that such issue might come up in my tablet. Seems like android update is not compatible with Skype app as I already said that only this app is affected with the update.

Now the problem is Skype is that whenever I am on a video call, the other end user can simply hear me properly but unfortunately he can’t see me at all because at his side on his device the video screen goes completely green and nothing else can be seen. Interestingly I have no problem from my side i.e. I can see and talk to him easily without any issue but the opposite user can see me at all. voice call is fine, both me and the other end user can hear each other properly. Come on friends, please help me out and let me know what should I do? Is it really updating issue or something went wrong with the skype app? Waiting for some suitable suggestion and if you have any doubt regarding my issue just let me know

Re: After upgrading android tablet, other user sees green screen on skype video call

How can you be so sure that the problem is only from your side and not from the other side? Are you sure that the problem is occurring from your device and not from other person’s device. Before making any decision I would request you to try contacting to some of your other friends on skype and if possible especially try to contact those users who are running the same android version i.e. ICS. Let’s see, whether you are the only one or there are other user running ICS on their tablet and facing this problem. Mostly try to contact the person having the same device with same update. If the green screen is not occurring with other user’s phone then definitely the issue lies in your friend’s device on which you contacted earlier. Let me know the result as soon as possible, we would work further accordingly.

Re: After upgrading android tablet, other user sees green screen on skype video call

Hey as per your suggestion I have tried every possibility and unfortunately nothing worked at all. There is nothing that I left while trying out the video calls on skype. I tried the combination with other android devices with different version then again I tried calling on a computer system and lastly I also tried my hands on Windows Phone. A skype video call on every device and system ended up giving a green screen at the other end. No doubt the problem is with the update, either there is a bug in the update or it could be the case of compatibility between the ICS update and the skype. Next step is to contact Android support center and ask them for a solution. If they keep quiet then nothing is left from my side but to downgrade back to 2.3 which had no problem at all. Taking off Skype and switching to some other video call app is no where possible for me. However I am sure that the problem lies in the update.

You have guessed somewhat wrong. The problem is not with the ICS update. I haven’t yet tried ICS update but I do have an android Samsung galaxy tablet running froyo with a firmware version 2.2 and guess what? I have the same problem with my Skype app. Do you still believe that ICS is the main cause of the issue, if yes then what about my case? Trust me I still have no idea is the exactly cause and what went wrong for such issue but however I managed to get rid of this problem with a simple solution. When I consulted my friend regarding this issue he told me to upgrade my tablet with a firmware upgrade to android 2.3. The update is easily available on web. i followed the suggestion and the upgrade instruction and everything is fixed. Now I am having no problem while doing a video call with Skype on my galaxy tab.

This problem has become very much common. So if there is anyone who is having a galaxy Tab running froyo then please do the exact what I did, I am sure you will easily get rid of this problem.

I have something for you all people to suggest. I am really not sure whether it will help you or but make sure the following steps are just a R&D that you need to try out and let me know the result. If you are fortunately enough to get your issue sorted out with performing the steps then its fine.

In your Skype go to settings then applications and from there clear everything by selecting the option Clear Data.

After everything is done just reboot your tablet completely and then try to load Skype and login. This might work for you.

Yeah even I think that the above solution should work somewhat for you as I personally feel that the problem is actually with the app and not with the device. There might be some co-incidence that you faced the problem after you updated your tablet to ICS, other than this I don’t think there shouldn’t be any reason to blame ICS for this issue. Do not contact and harass android people instead go to Skype support and ask them for a solution because the problem persists in skype completely. They will definitely let you know the issue properly. Anyways instead of upgrading and downgrading the OS of you device it is better you try something with the skype at least once. I am sure all you people facing problem must be sharing the same skype version. The bug could be in the skype version and not in the android OS you are running in your tablet.

If you believe me then you can change to some other version of skype, I would suggest going for Skype 2.8. No matter what version you have currently, if you are facing any problem then turn towards skype 2.8. Make sure that before you install skype 2.8 you are uninstalling your previous existing version completely and only then go for the new version installation. Another thing I would like to tell you is to visit the Google Play store and get the version from there.